Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Newbie's first hunt

So today I decided to finally go on a proper hunt with my metal detector (an ancient Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I) at a piece of land my grandpa owns. On it there are 2 old homes (along with a graveyard nearby with graves dating from the late 1800s), both of them demolished long before my grandpa came to acquire the property (one appeared to be bulldozed down and the other was set on fire for the local firefighters to practice) the one that was set on fire was located in an area with many small saplings, thorn bushes and those trees with huge thorns on them, so I quickly gave up on that. The other one was a bit more friendly, but not by much, the entire area had 4 foot tall grass so I had to compress the grass with my shovel before I could dig.

I dug a -ton- of trash targets, old beer/soda cans, tobacco cans, etc. But only found a few good targets, and no coins at all, not even a single clad. Not sure what all the iron items are though, and the three white pieces appear to be clay with a white glaze, I'm not sure what from because I found them all a few feet from each other, perhaps the building had a tile roof at one point?

Attachments

• 2011-06-25 20.43.33.jpg
    2011-06-25 20.43.33.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Newbie's first hunt

Looks like you off to a good start you dug a few things. :thumbsup: You never know what what your next dig will be. :coffee2:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep at it, the Good stuff WILL come! :icon_thumright: :wink:

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II

You got the drive to go through all that, keep at it, finds will come :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Generic_Lad

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, I'm hoping to hunt it again once its been mowed, I think it will be a bit easier then and I can get better and more precise signals. Either way I dug a lot more targets than I've ever dug in my back yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread