Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Beening winter makes for cold mornings with fog or heavy frost. Sorry no snow round here. About 10am the mighty sun warms the air making quite it pleasent. High above in a huge blue sky i can see the shapes of a pair of Wedgetail eagles guiding in the up drafts.The only ground noise is the chatter of grass parrots and busy little blue wrens.No sign of another person anyware. I often forget how empty this place is. Once full of busy goldrush activity and now empty for a 140 years.Much of the old diggings are hidden by a low shrub like gum trees called Mallee. The ground is scattered with pieces of quartz and ironstone and the clay is as hard as rock.using a Mono 12 inch coil with custom setting and a good ground balance every few minutes keens the gpx runnning like a humming bee. When Zip-Zip High-Low Close Induction and aggressive Yes i have gold. Few more minutes another. Found a Eucy cutters camp found a few coppers but the acidy clay has all but destroyed them. Freedom beyond believe :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0900.jpg
    100_0900.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 594
  • 100_0905.jpg
    100_0905.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yellow goodness!! :o

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds tinpan. Congrats!!

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:read2: Tinpan!....you ought to cut that out. Stop teasing us with all that. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions