Quicky Hunt Finds:tootsie truck, old spigot,some silver, NJ bear and misc. stuff

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Hello all, here are my finds from the last 2 months from a lot of short hunts, the silver finds have been good for me by my standards, some items pictured: a tootsie truck, a bridle disc thing(?), a cap gun (recovered too late), nice old spigot (?), a bracelet with a Indian scene(maybe from the 50s),
No really old silver but it’s silver! I found a lot of modern arcade tokens and the like, the 1982 Chuckie Cheese is my favorite, a trifecta on NYC transit tokens and some miscellaneous finds.
I had my 1st NJ bear encounter one day in the woods, I wasn’t too far in before hearing a not so pleasant growl, I froze in my steps and noticed something in a tree, snapped a QUICK cell picture and went back the way I came only to spook a little fawn on the trail to make my blood pump a little faster, looking at the picture I think a cub went up the tree and I probably heard the mother who was somewhere in the brush.
If anyone knows what the lead disc with number on it is or the pin (upper left corner) 1st pic it says XAVIER NEW YORK 1847, also the utensil handle says overlay ? I took a file to the end of it and it’s all silver looking, no brass. Thanks for looking!
Happy Independence Day to everyone :headbang: and HH :icon_thumright:.

TommNJ

Attachments

• Wheats n things.JPG
    Wheats n things.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 372
  • stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 383
  • silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 366
  • bear encounter.jpg
    bear encounter.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_High_School_(New_York_City)

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Yes I think you got it, the school was "Established 1847" , thanks for the ID VWandSTUDEBAKER :icon_thumright: .

TommNJ

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Some close ups:

Attachments

• spigot.JPG
    spigot.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 330
  • nyc tokens.JPG
    nyc tokens.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 344
  • braclet closeup.JPG
    braclet closeup.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 331

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!! .... Nice seeing some Wildlife out there as well :headbang:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Tommj :headbang: :hello2: lots of good stuff , silver count is impressive ! I am not looking forward to a black bear encounter in the sticks . They seem timid but for how long :o Happy 4 th :occasion17: CMD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread