🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The WWI era badge looks good :icon_thumright:

Just an observation on the video;

You use one of the deepest detectors on the market & use a digging knife :icon_scratch: Is it like some places in the USA, where its Law to use them in Parks?
OK, you were lucky that the targets you showed were only shallow, but I have a suggestion which will speed up your digging:
Get a spade, dig a 3 edged flap in the grass & fold over, leaving the roots attached. This means you will get most things in your first 5 inch dig, many of mine are on the second dig (5-10"), some on the third/fourth & I only have an GMP.
This means there is no need for the pinpointer, as your not likely to damage it with the blade. The pinpointer slows you down.
Trust me it will improve your find rate, because you will pop out most stuff in 2 digs, & without a pinpointer (only use it for difficult to find items; deep or on the edge) you will improve your first grab & into the pocket technique :icon_thumright: This is the British style :wink:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Finds!
Congrats on the Rifles ;D
Crusader and I use the same recovery method.
No digger or pinpointer, punch, flip, pluck.
This of course wouldn't be appropriate on lawns or in parks :tongue3:
HH

OP
OP
Digger82

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Just an observation on the video; You use one of the deepest detectors on the market & use a digging knife :icon_scratch: Is it like some places in the USA, where its Law to use them in Parks?

I do have a Fiskars folding shovel for relic hunting, but i just wanted to test a Predator digger in the field and conclusion is that, it is not that good for relic hunting, but it is really good in the parks etc.

I have hunted without a pointer for a few years, but Garrett pro-pointer is very good for any hunting situation, it really speeds up the finding rate and i will not hunt without it. :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger82 said:
CRUSADER said:
Just an observation on the video; You use one of the deepest detectors on the market & use a digging knife :icon_scratch: Is it like some places in the USA, where its Law to use them in Parks?

I do have a Fiskars folding shovel for relic hunting, but i just wanted to test a Predator digger in the field and conclusion is that, it is not that good for relic hunting, but it is really good in the parks etc.

I have hunted without a pointer for a few years, but Garrett pro-pointer is very good for any hunting situation, it really speeds up the finding rate and i will not hunt without it. :thumbsup:

Understand the park thing :icon_thumright:

Sorry, but it doesn't speed up my finding rate :P It would slow it down, a lot. :thumbsup: I have the same pointer, I used it twice today on 12" + holes, that was it (only to check if it was still deeper & not on the edge). Dug loads of junk.

drgeorge

May 25, 2008
Pálháza
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Int'l)
I agree with Crusader--I was getting antsy watching the vid, being scared that you'd poke or seriously scrape something. Anyway great stuff, keep it up and HH :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread