Two pre-1880s sites - 5 hours - some stuff

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Two pre-1880's sites - 5 hours - some stuff

The first site no longer had a farm house from back then. A state highway runs where it used to be, but some rock foundation out buildings are still there and a mobile home - long used for storage. Didn't find out about the old house location until I had been there a few hours. That cut back on prime hunting grounds, but I did find the 1924 wheatie and the Hotel Adair Annex 5-cents in trade token. Also 16 memorial pennies and most of the brass scrap in the photo. So, I got done there early. What next?
I headed home on the county roads and did a "watch-for-an-old-looking-house-with-someone-home-and-ask-permission" drive. This one had a football field-sized front yard, but not much out back or to the sides. The old man said he used a cheap metal detector several years ago and only found some pennies, but I was welcome to look. With a lot of ground and little time, I set my XLT on the factory coins program with the preamp gain at six and started swinging fast. Found 41 cents - all clad. Also got the Wyatt Earp badge and the buttons. Thought I had an indian arrow head - but it had given a signal? Ends up it has "electra" engraved on the side. Oh well

Attachments

• Aug 9a.jpg
    Aug 9a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 468
  • Aug 9b.jpg
    Aug 9b.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Two pre-1880's sites - 5 hours - some stuff

The site sounds promising. Cool group of finds. Good Luck in your future hunts there. Can't wait to see more good stuff.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Really neat finds,That badge should display real nice. :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great badge and token!

:)

OP
OP
hoosierfinds

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

PBK said:
Neat stuff, Hoosierfinds! Here's a link to an old "Ask Mark Parker" column that has some info on the badge. Scroll down to "The Wyatt Stuff," near the bottom of the page:

http://www.treasurenet.com/westeast/current/askmarkparker/
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I had thought of doing some on-line research on it so you saved me a lot of time. Had a long day at work today so I appreciate that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread