found a 1941d standing liberty half dollar and a 1964 dime on july 3rd

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scottie and i did a short sidewalk hunt yesterday and i scored my 1st SL half and a 64 dime.
the half is in excellent cond. and was dug up about 2 inches deep on a bare dirt area.
it registered 50 cents on my mxt. it was so hot we only hunted about an hour and a half! :thumbsup:

julycoins 011.JPG

julycoins 015.JPG

Upvote 0

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Nice big silver!

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and nice job..Any halves are an excellent find..

Were you hitting the sidewalk easements? Like the strips between the sidewalk and road?

Thanks

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DanRiverMan said:
Congrats and nice job..Any halves are an excellent find..

Were you hitting the sidewalk easements? Like the strips between the sidewalk and road?

Thanks

excactly- i was hunting in between curb and sidewalk found the halve closer to the curb- HH and Happy 4th to ya! :thumbsup:

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome coins...the Walking Liberty Half is IMO the prettiest coin ever made... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Briz06 said:
Awesome coins...the Walking Liberty Half is IMO the prettiest coin ever made... :icon_thumright:

i agree- :thumbsup:

austin_hunter

Jul 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, Bounty Hunter 101
Been a looooong time since I found a half - the last one I found was my best silver coin to date, a 1894-O Barber... I'm about to start hitting my downtown easements again, so keep posted! I smell Seated...

:thumbsup:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the SL half lumpsums , makes ya feel kinda warm and fuzzy finding those big silvers , huh :laughing7: get some more :thumbsup: CMD

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Nice buddy! :headbang:

thanks Mike and everyone above! slim pickens in this town since all the older generaion has picked it apart in the 70s and 80s!

HighTone

Jun 30, 2011
Monroe County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac ~ Tesoro Vaquero ~ Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the big silver...Nice...Them old timers dident get it all :thumbsup:

schlepprock

Jun 28, 2007
West Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2000, White's Prism 6T and Coin Getter, Tesoro De'leon and a BH Quick Draw II
Congratulations on the WL silver half. Although I've found a Morgan and other dollars in the past, half dollars have always eluded me for some reason. In all the years I've been swinging, the only half dollar I've ever found period was a bicentennial Kennedy.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer half congrats!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
schlepprock said:
Congratulations on the WL silver half. Although I've found a Morgan and other dollars in the past, half dollars have always eluded me for some reason. In all the years I've been swinging, the only half dollar I've ever found period was a bicentennial Kennedy.

ive found 1 silver dollar-3 franks and a couple kennedys in 2 and half years detecting and all but maybe one have been found in bare dirt areas or areas that looked eroded or washed out..mainly on the outside perimeters of parks or the college. im gonna have to be more careful where i hunt since someone called the cops on me last week claiming i was digging in their yard,i was only digging the curb and sidewalk area-but hey they have to maintain and mow it so its a no win situation as far as arguing with the cops. just have to suck it up and go elsewhere. HH to u all!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions