My weekend finds...Hunting a Calvary Camp

M

MiniMe

Got to go hunting with my husband (Civilman1) and Steve in Va. Steve invited us down to do some relic hunting and man did he put us on the relics. Found some bullets, a piece of a buckle and some type of button, not sure what it is. Also found a few horseshoes, 3 of them in one whole, thought I was going to find a horse next. But I evidently did not find all of them after watching Civilman dig a IH and next to that 3 bullets in one hole, then 2 more in a hole next to them :notworthy: :laughing7: We had a great time. Steve and his family are wonderful people. Thanks for looking! HH!

100_1023.jpg

100_1025.jpg

100_1026.jpg

100_1029.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1038.jpg

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all got onto a Bunch of Sharps! I like that piece of colonial shoe buckle too. Looks like you and Joe did pretty dang good :occasion14:

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul!

Pic 5 looks like part of a shoe buckle. That would be much older than CW. No one wore shoe buckles after about 1820.

DCMatt

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice array of great recoveries Colleen.Seems your getting dialed in with great results.Congrats!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Sharps bullets Colleen. I wish all the ornate buckle had been there as it looks really good. Pretty hot there huh? HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
M

MiniMe

Woodland Detectors said:
Nice finds you guys! :icon_thumright:
Thanks Mike, we had a great time.

{Sentinel} said:
Y'all got onto a Bunch of Sharps! I like that piece of colonial shoe buckle too. Looks like you and Joe did pretty dang good :occasion14:
Thanks Josh, wasn't sure if it was a shoe buckle or sash buckle. We had a good time :occasion14:

DCMatt said:
Nice haul!

Pic 5 looks like part of a shoe buckle. That would be much older than CW. No one wore shoe buckles after about 1820.

DCMatt
Thanks DC, not sure if it's a shoe buckle or not. HH!

Getty said:
Very nice array of great recoveries Colleen.Seems your getting dialed in with great results.Congrats!
Thanks Roger, I need more practice but I'm getting the MXT down a little better. HH!

VOL1266-X said:
Nice Sharps bullets Colleen. I wish all the ornate buckle had been there as it looks really good. Pretty hot there huh? HH, Quindy.
Thanks Quindy, wish I could have found the rest of that buckle too and yep hotter than heck & the humidity is killing me. We need rain. HH! :)

KOOTNEY KID said:
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread