CW cannonball

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
About two weekends ago I joined a hunting buddy at a CW battle site and we hunted a couple of hours. I found a complete boreman time fuse punched at 4 secs. I also found a 1 1/2 inch grape shot cannonball and a couple of shell fragments and one lead case shot. My buddy found four 3 ringers. The following day another buddy joined us at hunting a new potential site where we found absolutely nothing. We returned to the area we hunted the day before and decided to try a new method of hunting...dragging the bottom of the river with a strong magnet. We didn't have much success with that so my buddies decided to head home. I told them I was going to hunt the woods for about 20 mins or so before I left. 10 mins into the woods and I got a big iron reading on the ol' Nauty. I dug under a river birch tree and saw big iron roundness. I was sure this was a complete cannonball if not a large fragment. I got my buddies on the phone and told them about what I had found...still unsure if it was a complete cannonball. I snapped a couple photos and continued to dig. after chopping through roots and digging all around it, the result was a complete solid shot 12 lb cannonball. I hunted about 30 mins more and found a couple of frags and fired 3-ringer.

this is the first opportunity i've had to post anything since then.

HH and thanks for looking y'all

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    DSC00031.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh man that is sweet! But be careful. It could still detonate under the wrong conditions if it's still sealed. :o WTG on the find.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, but have you opened the safe yet :wink: :laughing9:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alderan33 said:
Oh man that is sweet! But be careful. It could still detonate under the wrong conditions if it's still sealed. :o WTG on the find.

It looks solid so as safe as can be...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread