Good day for silver I guess....sterling cross, quarter and a merc

W

whites6000inPa

I went on 3 short excursions today....First one was to the catholic church downtown. I spent 2 hours there and got the nasty looking quarter. Sorry to make you all look at it again. It's pretty putrid.

Second little outing was to the local high school, and I found 6.48 in clad and a nice 1940 merc.

3rd outing....back to the school....and I got 2.26 in clad and found this sterling cross (layered in gold) where I'd been hunting this morning. I was just pushing the coil in a straight line as I was on my way to another area..and....BEEEEP.....hmm, I must have missed a quarter. But it wasn'ta quarter this time, It was the sterling cross. I saw one posted here exactly like this one.....this week I think.

Wyatt

Attachments

• 081206.JPG
    081206.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job 6000...I had a 6000di years ago great machine....

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I love my 6000DI Pro.....I even have a second one as a backup. I's the earlier one with the 8 inch coil.

Wyatt

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I like the cross too. I haven't found any kind of jewelry item for quite awhile....since last fall when I found 3 sterling rings.

I keep diggin' nickel signals.....but no gold yet.....even though I've wrapped a few rolls of nickels in the last month.

Wyatt

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
What a great day, congrats,
I love finding the religious jewelry,
and it's silver too...bonus! WTG!

Smiles!
BDoo

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you found that quarter along a road somewhere? I read about it in one of your earlier posts.

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I did get the ugly quarter alongside the road.....by the catholic church. Sunday was interesting......2 more pieces of silver.....a 61 rosie and this silver band, along with 4.63 in clad.

Wyatt

Attachments

• SILVER.JPG
    SILVER.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 253
OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Clad totals for the weekend was 13.37.......and I found these 3 Franklin halves on eBay, for 12.98 ppd.

Love finding clad.

Wyatt

Attachments

• last3days.JPG
    last3days.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 279

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whites6000inPa said:
I did get the ugly quarter alongside the road.....by the catholic church. Sunday was interesting......2 more pieces of silver.....a 61 rosie and this silver band, along with 4.63 in clad.

Wyatt

Roger that! Thanks for clarifying, I was just curious. Great finds btw.

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

The reason for posting it earlier in the day saturday....was because I figured I was done for the day. The wife (I surmised) would want me to take her to town or something, but she couldn't think of a thing to do.....so I went back out 2 more times before the sun set on saturday.

I just returned from the post office....found 4 walking liberties in the mailbox, bought with clad I found last week. This hobby makes going to the post office lots more interesting than it used to be too.

My coinshooting activities are about to be restricted to weekends. The evening hunts were nice, but I have lots of work in the shop that needs to get out, so I'll be spending evenings at work for awhile.

Wyatt

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Some good digs there. That Quarter is the kind of coin I like to use multiple coats of silver polish on. Not going to decrease the value of that by any cleaning.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice silver 6000

HH Jer

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Thanks JerDFX

It's been a productive 3 1/2 weeks for me in the silver department. I have added 17.2 ounces of the stuff to my chest since July 21st....that's 15.4 Troy ounces.

That total weight includes silver that I bought with clad dug during the same period. I dug 35 coins during that periode 3 weeks and 3 days. 24 dimes and 11 quarters. I also scored a couple nice bobbles.

Wyatt

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the silver! Great outing Wyatt!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

Thanks Nana....

I like finding silver....especially coins. I only find common ones....but you just never know what you're gonna get....kinda like that "box-o-chocolates".

Wyatt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread