Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purdy much the same old stuff. :-\ Maybe it's time to change my name to 19th/20th century Timekiller it sure would open the field more. :D :icon_scratch: Anyway you'd have to know where I'm working these sites to ask yourself how the world does these pennies get here.I can see the fishing weight's as the sites have lots of bricks & ballast rock for fishing & even the 30-06 shell caseing I can understand as people here deer hunt from boats.But damn if I can figure these pennies out at all. :icon_scratch: ??? Maybe they use to through them over for good luck fishing :dontknow:

1-musket flint
2-musket shot/ball
3-pewter buttons
4-pewter spoon parts

Take Care,
Pete, :hello:

Attachments

• IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 784
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your finds, show your in the right area, just need a lucky strike, so just a matter of time :thumbsup:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
your finds, show your in the right area, just need a lucky strike, so just a matter of time :thumbsup:
Thanks Cru,
Yea I have no problem pushing the boundaries for sites here in N.C.. And it's tuff to do to say the least as there are no reliable maps for these time frames.Not even no talk of people in these areas in writing.But I think I can prove that otherwise from all my finds.It' just gets hard to swallow after awhile that not more coins or such came with these people.Going bye what gets found up in say Va. I guess these sites here were colonist that just had the bare minimum they just didn't have much coinage.Being so early maybe they didn't need it as much ??? Anyway I still like finding these old items & is about as good as one can do I guess for here.As most Rev war things went to the west of us here on the coast.I still feel like something good will show at these early sites thats not so common which is why I've been sticking with it as my only passion for doing it.
Take Care,

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
Thanks Cru,
Yea I have no problem pushing the boundaries for sites here in N.C.. And it's tuff to do to say the least as there are no reliable maps for these time frames.Not even no talk of people in these areas in writing.But I think I can prove that otherwise from all my finds.It' just gets hard to swallow after awhile that not more coins or such came with these people.Going bye what gets found up in say Va. I guess these sites here were colonist that just had the bare minimum they just didn't have much coinage.Being so early maybe they didn't need it as much ??? Anyway I still like finding these old items & is about as good as one can do I guess for here.As most Rev war things went to the west of us here on the coast.I still feel like something good will show at these early sites thats not so common which is why I've been sticking with it as my only passion for doing it.
Take Care,
your finds are telling the story of your area, which all helps the rewriting of history, keep at it, every clue counts (not necessarily the expensive ones)

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain man. Maybe it's time for new scenery. I'm looking into neighboring counties since mine has skunked me time and time again.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oops....i should have looked at your finds before typing my above reply. I don't know what you are complaining about, those finds are great :icon_thumright:

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:icon_thumleft:
Very nice finds--l love to hunt areas where the pewter buttons show up. You never know when a reale or a good military button might turn up on a site like that!
Keith

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Timekiller Nothing to worry about here ! I always read your posts . I would be thrilled to find a musket flint . It would be a signifigant first for me and I would display it proudly ! The peweter buttons seem to hold up better in the flats than on dry land . Good finds all around with better finds just around the next corner ! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joeyfresh said:
oops....i should have looked at your finds before typing my above reply. I don't know what you are complaining about, those finds are great :icon_thumright:
Thanks joeyfresh,
Not so much complaining as wishing for the shocker that's due to come. :wink: Just been awhile it seems.I have made a good find this year in my book with the copper trade pendant but was not understood or lacked interrest to most :icon_scratch:
Take Care,
SC Keith said:
:icon_thumleft:
Very nice finds--l love to hunt areas where the pewter buttons show up. You never know when a reale or a good military button might turn up on a site like that!
Keith
Thanks Keith,
And right you are about the reale. :thumbsup: Military although I've made a couple of Rev. War finds of them for me seem to turn up less then the cobs/reales which is not often enough. ;D
Take Care,
MaineRelic said:
Hey Timekiller Nothing to worry about here ! I always read your posts . I would be thrilled to find a musket flint . It would be a signifigant first for me and I would display it proudly ! The peweter buttons seem to hold up better in the flats than on dry land . Good finds all around with better finds just around the next corner ! :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
Thanks MaineRelic,
Yea I suspect it would be hard to find a flint on land hunting.Not to many show up the way I hunt but they add up after awhile.The pic. below is from just this year flints.Thinking back as I have my older finds put away I'd say about five a year would be a good guess.So this year I'm doing a little better then average on them here. :thumbsup:
Take Care,

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 488

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those finds!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flints...I've only found one is 6 years and the only reason I found it was it was still in the lead wrapper.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice old pewter & flints ;D
Hang in there, you know it's just a matter of time before you start diggin the goodies :wink:
I've wondered where the flint I've seen up here came from as I know it's not native.
The pieces I've noticed are the larger stones that were used to get the flakes.
I've yet to spot an actual flake..
there is one particular area where thousands of flintstones are scattered among the native stone, I just realised now it is quite close to where
I found that quartz point :sign13:
Could be a Native American Cache...
I am getting back there soon for a closer look.
Thanks for posting this, I am quite excited that there may be some more points on this particular stretch of tidal river.
Here's some of the pieces I've brought home, I am now thinking they must be worked by human hands, the area has no wave action, far from open sea.
Interested in your opinion on this :hello:
HH :thumbsup:

Attachments

• NH FINDS 07-06 011.jpg
    NH FINDS 07-06 011.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 369

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it ,,, Lost mojo ??? You are digging in an old area , flint and pewter but no coins :icon_scratch: happens here in my area from time to time ... be patient TK Pete and keep researching your local history :read2: just never know when or where the great finds will show up :dontknow: usually when you least expect to find them , getting skunked makes those overdue digs even BETTER !! :icon_study: dawg

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
Nothing wrong with those finds!!
Thanks birdman,
Hope things are going well for ya. :thumbsup: Not heard you say much about rather you ever found a house down this way yet :-\ ???
Take Care,
romeo-1 said:
Nice flints...I've only found one is 6 years and the only reason I found it was it was still in the lead wrapper.
Thanks romeo-1,
I remember that one it was a cool find. :thumbsup: But hey your the cannon ball man something I've yet to come across. :wink: :headbang:
Take Care,
CMDiamonddawg said:
I call it ,,, Lost mojo ??? You are digging in an old area , flint and pewter but no coins :icon_scratch: happens here in my area from time to time ... be patient TK Pete and keep researching your local history :read2: just never know when or where the great finds will show up :dontknow: usually when you least expect to find them , getting skunked makes those overdue digs even BETTER !! :icon_study: dawg
Thanks Dawg,
It might be. :-\ This buying a house thing has me all screwed up. :-\ Very stressfull to say the least & is coming down to the wire for us.
Take Care,
steelheadwill said:
Nice old pewter & flints ;D
Hang in there, you know it's just a matter of time before you start diggin the goodies :wink:
I've wondered where the flint I've seen up here came from as I know it's not native.
The pieces I've noticed are the larger stones that were used to get the flakes.
I've yet to spot an actual flake..
there is one particular area where thousands of flintstones are scattered among the native stone, I just realised now it is quite close to where
I found that quartz point :sign13:
Could be a Native American Cache...
I am getting back there soon for a closer look.
Thanks for posting this, I am quite excited that there may be some more points on this particular stretch of tidal river.
Here's some of the pieces I've brought home, I am now thinking they must be worked by human hands, the area has no wave action, far from open sea.
Interested in your opinion on this :hello:
HH :thumbsup:
Hey there Herbie,
Funny you mentioned flakes from native americans,as I went down & started to look through my indian finds from this year & found quite a few more flints I put in with them not even realizing it.So the pic below now shows all this year. :o So I'm doing great on the flints.Anyway after you get a eye for them they are not to hard to see (here).Theres a basic shape to them that stands out.Either a squarish or a ramp shape that's squarish looking.Tops either slop up or some are flat but all flaking or work on them best seen from the top side.Bottoms always purdy much flat with very little flaking to be seen.Also finding your first will give you a Idea of the material to look for.As there are different colors from different countrys (French,British,spanish,& sure some were made here). Yes indians also used flint but the points from flint I got & have found over the years is quiet different than the musket flints (material).Back to musket flints they can come in different sizes also either from being worn down or plain out smaller made probally from pistols as a best guess.I tried to explain in pic. below.But typing colonial musket/gun flints & googling it will give you a better idea most likely as I'm not very good at explaining myself. :laughing7: I know what I mean just not good getting the point across. :-\
Take Care,

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCN0588[1].JPG
    DSCN0588[1].JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 308

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Pete,
those are some great examples, I cannot wait to check that site I found a long time back, it is littered with thousands of flint stones, I originally thought it was a ballast drop.
Appreciate that reply! you know those great finds often come after the droughts! :hello2: Best to you, Herbie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread