Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I met up with a new hunting partner, (Joel Shappell) we started talking on another forum and I found out he was only 35 minutes away from me. We did a marathon hunt today, started at 7am and finished about 4pm.

Started in a field where an old house was, that is where the relics came from, but the ground was so hard there we decided to head to town and knock some doors.

We hit a house that was obviously cherry picked, no wheats, no silver, only shallow clad, and of course they missed the iffy indian signals that I got with my etrac..lol, snagged 2 indians there nothing else.

Went to another house, this place had a huge shady yard, the man of the house gave us permission, and first dig was an indian. Then got a spill of 2 more indians...cool!....right after that, the wife comes out and says, I know my husband gave you permission but I am freaking out watching you in our yard, I said say no more, if you aren't comfortable we will take off, she thanked me and appologized. I said no big deal, have a good day. Off we went in search of another house

Joel spots one that looks good to him, we got permission and this is where all the silver came from, first a war nickel, then 2 barber dimes in ONE hole. a 1916 NO "D" merc...and then I get a really deep 01-47 on my etrac, it was a good nine inches. I was thinking at least barber, maybe seated....NOPE, it was a 1935 washington....lol. Last silver was a 1946 rosie to complete a dime trifecta. That takes me to 116 silver and 63 indians for the year.

And if anybody wonders, neither of the 1908 indians have a "S"

Thanks to Joel for inviting me up, great hunt, good weather, and a new hunting buddy!

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

Upvote 0

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW! what a hunt that was...that is a dream hunt for me for sure!!! Congrats...

LukeTHr

Dec 13, 2005
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & tesoro tejon whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great bunch of finds. can't beat a day like that !!

CoinDigger57

Jun 18, 2011
Wheeling, W.Va.
Detector(s) used
MineLab Etrac
Great Finds!! Do you use the standard coin mode on your Etrac or do you tweek the settings? I just got my Etrac a week or so ago and so far I'm doing great on pull tabs :(, 1 wheatie, a few memorials and a clad dime and also a lead fishing sinker. I am digging everything tho till I get used to it.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great haul of coins and relics today :icon_sunny: I like that cute little lock ! M.R.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinDigger57 said:
Great Finds!! Do you use the standard coin mode on your Etrac or do you tweek the settings? I just got my Etrac a week or so ago and so far I'm doing great on pull tabs :(, 1 wheatie, a few memorials and a clad dime and also a lead fishing sinker. I am digging everything tho till I get used to it.
I was using a modified coin mode, check my personal site to see my settings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread