🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cha ching gold $ "O"

From the land of the Bluenose.....

Cha ching $ gold "O" (Friday)

The light crept through the curtains slowly making its way across my face and instantly waking me up after a deep sleep of 4 hours.

Night shifts are hell so now that I was up there was only one thing to do.....go a swishing and digging! With the lack of sleep I was one cranky old bouy let me tell you. How cranky you ask? So cranky that if the breeze was causing a tree to wave.....I'd cut her down. Was just hoping that no one was at the lake I was going to. Got my wish and swished away pulling out the odd coin and then this puppy which weighed in at 17.2 grams of 10K. Sort of scuzzy and looks like a gang banger lost it! Neat $ design on it.
P7230004.jpg

Next find was a neat soccer key chain with the key still on it!
P7230010.jpg

Got tired of fighting off the horse flies so I exited the water further up on the beach and eyeballed a "blue" apple. Only grown in Nova Scotia I guess.
P7230008.jpg

And off course the other eyeball find would help water those blue apple trees.
P7230007.jpg

The horseflies must have gone out to pasture so I ducked back into the water pulling out a few more coins along with a Norwegian and Brit coin (put that to use in Sept). Not long afterward I dug up back to back spoons.....gutz to learn how to play them someday.
P7230009.jpg

Take for the day with the Pro was two spoons, key chain, Brit and Norwegian coin, the 10k"O" and 62 coins @$8.92.
P7230001.jpg

Key Thing (Saturday)

Boring but had to be done. Even after the pounding of the chest, swapping spit and shocking "Actar" he never complained! Was actually growing quite fond of the bouy as the day wore on.

1600hrs came and I was once again re certified as a St. John's Ambulance first responder and I responded to that by going to Otto's trunk and getting a change of clothes and before you could say albacore tuna I was in the drink.

Water was warm and full of those darn rugrats but with the headphones on I could ignore them which I might add I did rather well. Only a few coins found and once again a set of keys. Approached the life guard who stated that no one had reported losing any keys so into the pocket they went.

After a half hour most of the rats left and the albino crows and ducks started moving in. Much better company youz! Moved to the beach and found a pair find fitting of the day...a rescue car dinky followed by a plane dinky.....karma as on my phone there was a message from the airport wanting to know if I'd work tonight. Think I would rather do this post and cruise the metal detecting forums! After all I did dig up 27 cents today and could afford a night off! (training rate for the first aid also which is have my hourly rate...some cheap youz and will address this in our bargaining sessions)
P7230005.jpg

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Re: Cha ching gold $ "O"

Congrats on finding gold.
Dman

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds, Leslie. :icon_thumright: Congrats on the gold. :thumbsup: Nice pile of coins, too.

HH

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done Leslie and congratulations on the
heavy "O" $$$ ring. Gold Nuggets :hello:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congratulations on the gold ring find Les! :notworthy:

Don't you just hate it when the beach is "full of those darn rugrats!" :laughing9:

Funny story Les!

Dave

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Now you have an apple to go with the nose? WTG, Leslie! Thanks for sharing.

Like the tiny green jet, too. Looks like it's missing something on top there.

Sure glad its Land of the Bluenose, what with you being in the water for so long and all.<G>

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Gold :headbang:

drgeorge

May 25, 2008
Pálháza
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Int'l)

Cool gold!!! :headbang:
(...and your writing style is very entertaining--keep it up!!)
HH!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread