Barn Find - NYCRR and NYCL Railroad Switch Locks with Keys

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these locks in a old barn up in Northern NY over the summer. These are fairly common I have found, but neat non-the-less.

:icon_thumleft:

ceef070b.jpg

Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are in terrific shape, were they boxed up? Nice :wink:

OP
OP
ctalmadg

ctalmadg

Jul 27, 2003
Honeoye Falls, NY (Fingerlakes Area)
Detector(s) used
White / Fisher / DJI Cellar Hole Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't clean.. these were in a cigar box in a old trunk, so they were not exposed to the elements. I'm actually a Antique collector and historian, so I know the importance of patina and the do's and dont's of cleaning. I did find that you can't sell these items on Ebay as they think they would be a threat if someone was to take the key and go change a switch on a track.. (I find this funny since these are from around 1900) :laughing7:

I know there are lots of railroad buffs that collect these.. if anyone on the forum is interested I'll part with them as they are something I don't collect.

Happy Detecting.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice :icon_thumright: I know what its like to find a RR lock with the key :tongue3:. Oh, and you didnt here this from me :wink: but you can sell them on Ebay,just dont put RailRoad in the title, no worries the RailRoad guys will find them. HH

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, those are COOL! I love trains and collecting railroad items and I think that is a great find! WTG! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spent 5 yr.'s in the lock buisiness. Very Cool snag's :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread