My very first piece of advertising... On top of the ground?

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Treasurenet!

I am excited to finally join! And I'm really happy about this find! To make a long story short, I was at an antique store and had to go outside to make a phone call, and when I went outside, I looked down and saw this little card just laying on top of the gravel. I saw a picture of a ship on it and picked it up and read it. The front says: "WILL'S CIGARETTES, THE "BLUE PETER" " The back starts of with the question "Do you know what the Blue Peter is?" I took it inside to the owner of the antique store, thinking that someone may have bought and dropped it on their way out, but the owner had never seen it before! So I got to keep it!

When I got home, I did some research and discovered that Will's Cigarettes are from Great Britian, and my card was #5 in series of "Do you know?" cards, and card #5 of that series was printed in 1933! :o :hello2: I couldn't believe it! I was really blown away! I had bought a few Southern Railway items at the antique store , but that little cigarette card was my best find and definetly made my day! I look forward to sharing more of my finds here on Treasure Net! HH and God Bless!
-ncsilverspider
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also"-Matthew 6:21

Attachments

• Cigcard-front and back2.jpg
    Cigcard-front and back2.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet nab on the treasure. A few days outside and it may have been gone forever.

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
It was probably in something that was taken into that antique store and dropped. Aquachigger is right, a day or two and it would have been toast.
Nice save.

OP
OP
ncsilverspider

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
littlebill31 said:
It was probably in something that was taken into that antique store and dropped. Aquachigger is right, a day or two and it would have been toast.
Nice save.

That's a good point. Never thought of that.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's really cool. I love stuff with ocean liners on them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread