Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it has been a brutal summer here in my part of southwest Oklahoma. We have not had any measurable rain for months and we have had well over a month straight of days with temperatures over 100 degrees, usually around 106 each and every day. Weather forecasters say we may see this on into September. The lakes are drying up, and if there is any bright side to that it is the fact that swimming areas are exposed now. Where the 'beach' used to be about 50 feet from tree-line to the water, there are areas where it is now almost a city block in length. Temperatures rise fast enough that if you get there shortly after sunrise, you are lucky to get in four hours of hunting time before you feel like you're going to die from the heat.

I know the swimming areas have been hit by other hunters including a friend of mine who hunts with a DFX. A few years back when we had another bad summer, he recovered 165 rings at this lake in one summer. He's retired, so he can go whenever he wants.

I was lucky enough to find two gold items.... a nice big and heavy 14k nautical themed crucifix, vdi of 11 on the XLT, and a 10k white gold wedding band which showed a vdi of 10. Also a couple of car keys that were on a rusted away key ring, and $2.91 in clad. Not pictured are the 41 billion pull tabs and cans I found. Some of the cans dated back to the 70's and 80's.

Attachments

• IMG_8397.JPG
    IMG_8397.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_8399.JPG
    IMG_8399.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 2

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds you have there man! With those hot days how about hunting the dry exposed lake at night? Hunting in 100 degree + weather in the daylight is brutal!

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Hand Fluke said:
Awesome finds you have there man! With those hot days how about hunting the dry exposed lake at night? Hunting in 100 degree + weather in the daylight is brutal!

that's a good option, but I am sure it would result in being questioned by the lake ranger. He probably wouldn't care, but the lake is also city owned and city cops often patrol the area. They probably wouldn't be as open minded. Some of the cops I know assume that anyone that is not in bed at night must be up to no good.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!