Baby Huey slept here? - and dropped a little silver

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hit a local township 1909 brick school house out in the country yesterday which has been closed for years. The owner warned me the grounds were used for storage (auto junk yard?) before he bought it and cleaned it up. He had a White's detector 20-30 years ago and gave up looking there because of all the trash. All the trash in the photo came from there. Did find $1.06 including the 1934 qtr, no mint mark. Today went to a 1900's house and got $0.39 including the 1964-D dime and an aluminum token, "Landmarks of America"-Diamond head, HI). Also found the large safety pin with an "H" engraved on it. Was heading home earlier than planned and saw an old (1850's?) brick cottage and stopped and got permission. Only went at it half-heartedly because I was tired and got very few signals. After 45 minutes, I showed the owner the $0.36 in clad that I found and thanked her for letting me look. I mentioned the yard was very clean of old coins and then she says, "Oh yeah, a friend has been here several times with a detector and never found much though". Well, he (or someone before him) found enough. (the cent is 1917-no mint mark)

Attachments

• Aug17c.jpg
    Aug17c.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 504
  • Aug17b.jpg
    Aug17b.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Man, you sure can ferret it out, nice finds. When I was a young lad the public plunge (swimming pool) would issue safety pins like that. The letter on the safety pin would correspond with a letter on a locker.

HH

W

whites6000inPa

Hunting license tag hangers in Pa used a big pin like that in years past.....as well as commercial laundry bags for places like....coal mines for instance.

Wyatt

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMMM plaid skirts

B

BIG61AL

I concurr with whites6000inpa. It a laundry pin...used to see lots of them at flea markets and garage sales back east but they are getting harder to find now....great little find.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice silver,

You cleaned up some garbage to.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread