Found this video yesterday in theToday FindsUpdate 2nd half dollar ring done

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Update 2nd half dollar ring done

Thanks chukers for the post and here is the silver ring I made from a 1963 silver quarter!It took about 3 hr's to complete and it's the coolest thing I made this year..Gonna stop at the coin shop a get a silver half so I can wear one..The ring I made fits my pinkie and not a big fan of wearing pinkie rings...It was definitely fun to make and can't wait to get started on the second one..BTW chukers,I'm gonna build your electrolysis setup soon as well ;D

It's way past my bedtime now :tongue3: and here are some pics of the ring

P1060029.jpg

P1060033.jpg

P1060036.jpg

P1060037.jpg

P1060040.jpg

P1060042.jpg

Upvote 0

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Re: Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Thanks chukers for the post and

Nice one man!! I just watched that video!! Post some pics of the half when you finish!! Post a on the finger shot so we can see what it looks like being worn!! :icon_thumright:

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Re: Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Thanks chukers for the post and

Oh yea not a fan of pinkie rings either!!! hahah maybe a cute toe ring there for ya bud!!!!! hahaha

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

dallgire said:
Nice one man!! I just watched that video!! Post some pics of the half when you finish!! Post a on the finger shot so we can see what it looks like being worn!! :icon_thumright:
[/quote

Thanks dallgire! I'll post as soon as I done with it :icon_thumright:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just curious, do you think it could be done with a clad coin? Or would the layers separate from the hammering.... :icon_scratch:

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000

NOLA_Ken said:
just curious, do you think it could be done with a clad coin? Or would the layers separate from the hammering.... :icon_scratch:

ive seen it done with clad, but it is A LOT harder, silver is much softer and easier to mold

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

NOLA_Ken said:

Have to agree with DevilDog..Here's the only video I found using a clad quarter..it's a different process then just using a hammer and spinning the coin.

I'll starting my silver half dollar ring in a few.

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000

ill probably do this with a 1959 (year my dad was born) quarter for his birthday :icon_thumright:
hopefully itll be big enough. i was gonna do it with a half-dollar, until i remembered that it would be a franklin half and of course the date isnt near the edge so you wouldnt be able to see it in the end result anyways ::)

your ring is very well done though :icon_thumright:
was that on your first try?

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Just don't lose it at the beach, I would hate to find it on you. :wink:

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

dallgire said:
Oh yea not a fan of pinkie rings either!!! hahah maybe a cute toe ring there for ya bud!!!!! hahaha

dallgire-Not digging the toe ring either,LMAO!!!!!!

P1060063.jpg

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

DevilDog812 said:
ill probably do this with a 1959 (year my dad was born) quarter for his birthday :icon_thumright:
hopefully itll be big enough. i was gonna do it with a half-dollar, until i remembered that it would be a franklin half and of course the date isnt near the edge so you wouldnt be able to see it in the end result anyways ::)

your ring is very well done though :icon_thumright:
was that on your first try?

That would be a cool gift!!!If you do a quarter it will be a pinky ring like the one I made..Thanks!That was my first try at making one.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Update 2nd half dollar rind done

Finished my 2nd ring today..I got a little careless with the dremel and now the ring for my middle finger is a little lose..I'm sure someone will find it some day(CoilFisher )LOL!

Here's some pics of the coin ring

P1060053.jpg

P1060054-1.jpg

P1060056.jpg

P1060055.jpg

P1060060.jpg

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Update 2nd half dollar ring done

well those look so cool! I am glad I could offer some info that would help others... you did a great job! and good luck on the electrolysis... let me know how it goes!

Chukers

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Re: Found this video yesterday in the''Today Finds''Update 2nd half dollar ring done

HAHAHA love the half!!! THAT TOE RING PICTURE MADE ME LMFAO!!! my wife was like WTH is that!!!! hahaha love it man!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Just though you might be interested in seeing a couple of half dollar rings I had made last year. :icon_thumright: The 1946 Walking Liberty I inherited from my grandfather in 1986 and the 1895 Barber Half, I bought recently. I did quite a lot of on-line research and found a man in Virginia that did the best work I'd ever seen! :notworthy:

Great post Rob,
Dave

Attachments

• Coin Rings 002.jpg
    Coin Rings 002.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Coin Rings 003.jpg
    Coin Rings 003.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 241

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000

very nice rings there!
i saw and learned how that was done a couple of weeks ago :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread