Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a good long rain shower last night and it got me excited to hunt a new intown double wooded lot I recieved permission to hunt on two weeks ago . I had made one quick hunt on the property the day Bernie gave me permisson to hunt it. It was way too hot that day and the ground was a little too hard to enjoy digging so I asked Bernie if I could wait for a good rain and then come hunt it. He said any time :hello2: . This lot is not too far from my use at your own risk lot that has been very good to me so I was anxious to see if this spot had been hunted . There were not as many good targets as I had hoped for but made a few keeper finds . I covered about a 1/3 of the lot this morning for the first time . Only 3 keeper coins , a 1911 wheatie that was in the same hole as the 1898 Indianhead and a 1938 wheatie . The hand made sterling pin was the find of the day ! The Jaguar token is actualy advertising their clothing line by country casuals. Then there is the silver plated top or handle, or pull With The initials A B K on the top .No makers mark , I wish this had been sterling as well ! Thanks for looking MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 702
  • IMG_2184.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_2180.JPG
    IMG_2180.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_2181-1.JPG
    IMG_2181-1.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 694
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
MaineRelic,That IH sure looks like an 1888 to me,can't tell if the 8 is over a 7,I found one yesterday and going to send it out to be cleaned.Better CHECK IT OUT MAN,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver man! It looks like it has some heft to it. :)

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!! Great job. I keep following your posts and saying I gotta move south..Been real dry and hard here also so I've been concentrating on the tidal areas. Had a little success but sure is a lot of trash .. Keep up the good work,(I mean play).............Goldbill

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dallgire said:
Nice finds bud!!
Thanks Dallgire
testing123 said:
Wow, that pin is awesome! What kind of signal did it produce?
Hey testing , good to hear from you ! I really like the pin as well I do not have a VDI on my machine , but it rang like a silver quarter !
worldtalker said:
MaineRelic,That IH sure looks like an 1888 to me,can't tell if the 8 is over a 7,I found one yesterday and going to send it out to be cleaned.Better CHECK IT OUT MAN,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oh I checked it Talker ! In the pic it does look lkie an 8 but is definetly a 9 Thanks though :thumbsup:
GioTheGreek said:
Nice silver man! It looks like it has some heft to it. :)
Hey Greek . the silver pin actually weighed in at only 4.8gm
goldbill said:
Man!!! Great job. I keep following your posts and saying I gotta move south..Been real dry and hard here also so I've been concentrating on the tidal areas. Had a little success but sure is a lot of trash .. Keep up the good work,(I mean play).............Goldbill
Thanks Bill , We could use some rain too ! Let me know if something interesting pops out of those tidal areas you wre working ! M.R.
steelheadwill said:
Nice Silver & Copper !!
Awesome hunt, thanks for showing :thumbsup:
Thanks Herbie . One piece at a time :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some really interesting finds MaineRelic! :icon_thumright:

That silver plated top or handle looks really really old! :o
I love finding relics that have been personalize like that!

That's a beautiful looking silver pendant :notworthy: . . . looks to be 40's or 50's? :icon_scratch:
Take care,
Dave

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Cool bunch of finds :icon_thumleft: I love finding items that are engraved with the owners initials. I will be watching to see what is in the other 2/3 of the spot.

VPR

cellar dweller

Jan 7, 2007
connecticut
Detector(s) used
whites dfx , minelab excal II
The post header "A few target" suggests not such a big deal but i always enjoy your post so i read on. That is a VERY NICE one of a kind pin. Great job!. Btw guys what are the hot IH dates to hope for? is 1888 better than the others?

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the finds. I always love pulling IH's from the ground. Great job on the pics. Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
cellar dweller said:
The post header "A few target" suggests not such a big deal but i always enjoy your post so i read on. That is a VERY NICE one of a kind pin. Great job!. Btw guys what are the hot IH dates to hope for? is 1888 better than the others?
1877-good condition=900.00 1888 last 8 over 7 good condition=1100.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread