Back from Conference at beach, me and the beach still arent speaking

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
But school yards still welcome us with open arms. We didnt get much time to detect on the beach during the conference, maybe 3 hours tops. those 3 hours yielded less than 3 dollars in clad and 3 junk earrings between us. It was nice to walk on the beach at sunrise though. Saw a few dry sanders at a distance, and one wet sand hunter. Ive told bobbie that we need a water machine if we are going to hunt the beaches more often ;) Well the confrence ended friday morning and we started heading towards where we were going to spend the night, before coming home today. I picked 5 schools in a county that we never been to for us to check. We were able to detect 4 of the 5, the 5th was locked in. There was plenty of targets at these school yards and tons of trash too. We finally made it to our location for the night and still had enough daylight to visit couple of sites there too. In addition to the clad and and junk, at the new schools Bobbie found the silver ring and silver playboy bunny earring with cz's.
We got back out this am hitting 3 sites before heading home. We found more clad at these sites and Bobbie found the silver /turqouise pendent at the first one. I found the 10k cross ring with small diamond at the very last site.
Once home and stuff put away we counted out Bobbie ended up with $19.31 in clad plus the silver jewelry,
I finished with $16.95, the gold ring and some junk jewelry.
Maybe me and the beach will try to get on more friendlier terms on our next visit
hh
dave+bobbie
ps it sure is great to have my partner back in the swing of things

Attachments

• DSCF0989.JPG
    DSCF0989.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 356
  • DSCF0988.JPG
    DSCF0988.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds.

Thinking of a beach machine. ::)

Would it not be 2 machines ;)
Time to spend some of that clad. ;D

have a good un..............

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice to hear that Bobby is back swinging again...Geez did that come out right? Sorry the beach wasnt giving up its treasures ,but looks like you made a few nice finds!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two did very well! I know you are happy to have Bobbie back!

Congrats on those great finds! Nana ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back from Conference at beach, me and the beach still arent speaking
That's funny, dave.

Beach hunting is certainly different than detecting the dirt. I just read somewhere on here about someone tying a string to a gold ring and within minutes that gold ring was 2 feet deep in the sand.

I'm glad to hear that Bobbie is feeling better. She's the queen of swing. :D

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
very nice finds there !!! with the two of you back in action we are all in for some nice surprises !! keep the good stuff coming,,, rick.. ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread