It hurt to find a toy

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
My first time seriously hunting with my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. I have had it for months and played around out in the driveway. Last night after work decided to take it to the next level. Got a sound about 4 inches and found this toy. The pic is blurry but the back says Disney. It was made for Mcdonalds. It is plastic and the only reason I found it because that metal spring looking thing was right beside it. I was not wearing gloves and wore this big blister on my hand, man does it ever sting. I will be hunting again tonight. The yard I am hunting, the house was built in 1890.

Attachments

• Cave IN Rock 026.jpg
    Cave IN Rock 026.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 459
  • Cave IN Rock 027.jpg
    Cave IN Rock 027.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Cave IN Rock 028.jpg
    Cave IN Rock 028.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
sorry to hear about the blister wireless. This hobby is all about alot of sweat and yes some blood at times....not too often on the blood I hope. Keep cracking at it and I'm sure we will be seeing some really nice things from you. Try and do some research of old maps for your area and maybe you can find a field or section of woods that once had a house there. See if you local library has a local history dept. or old maps that you can look at to help in your research.

Good luck.

Funkman

OP
OP
wirelessworldinc

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
I did make it to the library yesterday, but was in a hurry, had to get back to work. They do have a section on maps of the area. Thank you

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It does pay to wear strong but thin gloves while digging treasures. I sometimes carry a plastic towel like those sold at Wal-Mart for working a hole I dug with the metal trowel. Plastic won't scratch metal very easily and it saves on the hand. I just pop the plug and loosen the soil with the metal trowel (Mighty AP Digger), and then remove the soil onto a cloth with the plastic trowel.

Best to you and that 1890's site should produce some great finds!

Badger

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Ouch Wireless. I certainly feel your pain.

I found some gloves in wal-mart at the fishing department that seemed to be great. They have the name Lakers on them. The inside of your hand part of these gloves are blue. They were I think under $3 for the pair. They aren't those super strong rugged leather gloves, however they have some durability. What I love about em, is they have the feel of isotoners. They fit your hand very snug and allow you to still feel with some sensitivity.

I use them for all work now. Love the way they feel.

Postalrevnant

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
COOL TOY!! BUT GLOVES??? HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GET ALL THAT DIRT UNDER YOUR FINGER NAILS?? I'M TERRIFIED I'D MISS SOMETHING WEARING GLOVES!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE DIGGING.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
i ware mechanic gloves made of thin Kevlar there really strong(don't get cut easily)and u can feel everything

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
What the heck are you digging with that would wear a blister into your hand like that? You need a better digging tool and not press down so hard with the palm of your hand. My hands and nails are basically cut up all the time from digging,and I should wear gloves more often,but hate to unless I am in a dump or glassy area. I have a pair of doeskin work gloves that are lightweight and tough for those areas. ...

OP
OP
wirelessworldinc

wirelessworldinc

Dec 30, 2005
Indiana
I was using a hand trowel. It was hot and I was sweating, by the time I knew it was a blister was when it started stinging and the blister was open.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wear glove's for the fear of GLASS,been cut.........ONCE!!Nice find though and good luck.Sound's like you might just find more than toy's..HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread