Gold from the river!

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
I hit the old river today and came out with this. Seems to be an antique ring, marked xxxw? I did some research and found out the xxxw is usually 18k. ??? It has the cursive letters on the face which I cannot make out and has birds and flowers on the sides. The water was about a foot deep and the ring was about 5 inches down in the sand and rocks.

ring3.JPG ring2.JPG ring1.JPG
cleaned up pic
rinr.JPG

Upvote 0

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful Ring!! ... and in really excellent condition!! :headbang: Rock on!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find! Looks like CLG reading left to right.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic ring :headbang: Keep it up !!!!! :icon_thumright:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
WTG!

Among other things, this helps prove the adage that all heavy things end up in the bottoms of rivers. Gold miners have known that for years, and you've just joined the ranks of the gold finders.

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Excellent job. Been trying to find a place in my area to do something like he did. Plenty of water but finding the right, accessable spot is going to be the trick. The blame AT Pro came out a month after I bought the GArrett 1350. I could have kicked myself for not checking to see what new stuff they were coming up with before making the purchase. OH, well.

There is a place not far from me that was a ford of a river in the 1850's. The land owner cut timber down to build the ford. Problem now is that the ford in slap dab in the middle of a county park with rangers that really patrol there.. Plus with the summer rains the water is up. May try it anyway if I can locate the exact spot of the ford. Will advise in future.

coteau

Apr 12, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, nice gold! What was the target ID signal, 6? Just wondering because you use the same detector that I use.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one sweet ring! congrats!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring :headbang:

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Thanks everybody!!
coteau said:
Congratulations, nice gold! What was the target ID signal, 6? Just wondering because you use the same detector that I use.

It was jumping around a bit , If I recall right, it was going from 18 to the low 20's maybe 30's and I think might have even hit some 40's. The tone might have even jumped a bit from high pitch to low. This was really the first time I was in the river with my detector. So I was digging pretty much any signal. I knew it wasn't a pull tab tho, they are pretty much same tone always for me. Not sure how the water effected the signal? This was the first gold ring I have found in a river and only my second ever. I dug and got lucky!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Gold find!!! I would like to Know???? Was it In the Sand Or clay/soil!!!! condition's make a difference on the readings!!! HH Chug Getting ready for Our third MD Purchase and Every bit of Info Helps!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread