Past few hunts and a crossbow bolt tip..

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few hunts this weekend. Here’s the harvested soybean field, it has been plowed and prepped for seed since this picture a few days ago, the field has given up many nice relics but last hunt just 3 relics.
14Aug11Soybeanfield.jpg

A new field, have had permission for years but never the opportunity to detect it. There was a battle between the French and the villagers in 1796 here. More to the right of the picture is where the battle happened. The villagers kicked the French out and won the skirmish, the French never came back. The town is still proud about it and they should be. Only found a musket ball, lead seal and a few coins from the early 1900s, no picture of the finds.
14Aug11Kastfield.jpg

Stopped by the soybean field, it had been plowed and ready for planting but not plowed very deep, only found a few things of interest came up. Black glass bead, it is a dipped and rolled bead, I believe it dates to the early 1100s or so as it resembles the black glass spindles whorls I have found that date to the same time period. A small whatsit made of copper/bronze, the hole in it is conical, has a late Medieval to post Medieval look to it.
14Aug11BeadPull.jpg

Also found this small religious pendant on the soybean field, says ROMA on the obverse and reverse. Possibly a pilgrims souvenir from Rome.
14Aug11RomaO.jpg

Reverse of the Roma pendant.
14Aug11RomaR.jpg

I went to the castle today thinking they may have moved some more dirt around but, bad weather and rain has slowed progress and no dirt has been moved. Ran into my nemesis, the guy who made me get a detecting permit or at least seek legality that I was ignorant to, he is in charge of the club renovating the castle. We mumbled a few words to each other, he won’t look at me and talk face to face, LOL, talks to me like I am a third person. He doesn’t realize I have made a deal with another high up club dog of theirs, my museum display will stay as is and anything else I find will go to their museum now that I know they have acquired display cases and are serious about opening a museum. Today I found another crossbow bolt tip, that makes 6 bolt tips that will go into their museum after I conserve them, they have 4 bolt tips they found with the backhoe digging around and I will also conserve them as well for their display and a few other iron relics they have found. HH, Mike
14Aug11BoltTip.jpg

Upvote 1

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs as always Mike. Love the crossbow tip.Very cool!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These crossbow tips are fantastic! All in a very good shape. Youre a lucky dawg hunting this castle!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Religious Medal of Roma .... and other finds. :thumbsup:
H

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you can, can you please post a pic of one of the crossbow bolts cleaned up?
Interesting finds!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the roma medal is a ( rome , italy) roman catholic religious medal :wink:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to sit and think about how old some of the finds you make just seems so, so....I don't know, just so amazing. You have to be in awe every time you get out and hunt and dig those items up. :notworthy: What a great place to be diggin! Always a treat to read your posts. :)

Nana :hello:

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! Here are some of the crossbow bolt tips in my museum display. HH, Mike
27May11CaseBolt.jpg

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Your a very lucky man, to have so much history under your coil.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHERE ARE U MIKE?

Top Member Reactions