Weekends CW relic hunt...soldier art part 2!

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted 8 hours yesterday and 8 hours today at the same site that produced Greg's outstanding carved bullet last weekend. My first comments...my Teknetics G2 continues to amaze me. Some people on here were amused by my comments a month ago when I bought a Teknetics T2 SE and said it would be my BACK-UP machine to the G2. Well I spent about 4 hunts with it and yes the T2 is a great machine...but for me the G2 trumps it. People say the G2 is a great machine for relic hunting but lacks good depth...WRONG. 80% of the minies I found this weekend were 8-10" down in very dry ground. The TID is incredibely accurate...where the T2 on deep minies was all over the place.
Ok, got some CW lead this weekend including the first Sharps carbine bullet to ever come out of this site. But the kicker is...I dug the sister bullet to Greg's carved minie! Mine doesn't have the cool carved lines coming down from the top like his, but otherwise it is carved exactly the same...had to be done by the same soldier. This one was found about 1/8 mile from his. What are the chances? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 13-14 aug finds.JPG
    13-14 aug finds.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 376
  • my carved.JPG
    my carved.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

I love my T2 SE and would not trade it for any detector..

Blaze

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

I love my T2 SE and would not trade it for any detector..

Blaze
Don't get me wrong...the T2 DOES kick butt and seems to go 1-2" deeper, but the processing speed and target ID on the G2 is unreal. BTW Blaze congrats on that sweet shoe buckle.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice dig's SK :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Really nice finds. That is a neat carved bullet.
Dman

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and carved chess piece Bill. That was a popular shape to carve. Here's one from a hunt I dug with Dman & Dixiedigger las July that looks a lot like yours. Nice Sharps too.
Just a little over 2 weeks until your W & E Treasures article is printed and sent to their subscribers!!!

HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• Carved Bullet 7-17-10.jpg
    Carved Bullet 7-17-10.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 315
OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Nice finds and carved chess piece Bill. That was a popular shape to carve. Here's one from a hunt I dug with Dman & Dixiedigger las July that looks a lot like yours. Nice Sharps too.
Just a little over 2 weeks until your W & E Treasures article is printed and sent to their subscribers!!!

HH, Quindy.
That's a sweet one Quindy!
Yeah, I am pumped waiting for it to come out!

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blaze, Civilman1 and Dman...thanks for the kind comments! HH'ing!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats great recoveries there buddy! Keep at that spot.

OP
OP
sekypaleo

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getty said:
thats great recoveries there buddy! Keep at that spot.
Thanks Getty, Been hunting this spot for 15 years...it will NEVER be hunted out. Too large a site and too heavily wooded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread