Never hurts to ask....

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not far from where I live is a plantation house which was built on the foundation of a "public house" that was originally built in the early 1700's. Sunday, I was out looking for a place to take the kids "treasure hunting" when I saw someone mowing the grounds of this beautiful place. I stopped and stood by the fence as he finished up the pasture he was working on. He drove over to where I was standing and we started talking about the place..... turns out, he's the owner! (always thought it was state owned) I guided our conversation into relic hunting and he gave me the thumbs up to give it a go. I went this evening (Monday) for a short while and fished out a musketball, couple of flat buttons, some kind of brooch with a fake stone, and some assorted iron junque, I could've got in more digging but I had to learn where the invisible fencing was.... screwed with the detector something fierce. The moral of this story is don't be afraid to strike up a conversation and make friends because you never know. ;D

Matt

P.S. As I finished my short hunt today, I was invited to come back anytime I saw his car in the drive way.

Upvote 0

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!!! .. that sounds like some promising grounds... Keep us posted on the hunting.. Im sure your gonna pull some nice stuff outta there! HH :icon_sunny:

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Bro- Thanks for the post and positive information. Its always good to make friends! Keep it Up... and be sure to let us know what you continue to find at this promising location. M.J.

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal :icon_thumright: Sounds like you've got a pretty promising spot there!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread