Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a counter weight, maybe for a washing machine or something that would spin. Is that the only one you found? HH, Mike

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Bavaria Mike said:
Looks like a counter weight, maybe for a washing machine or something that would spin. Is that the only one you found? HH, Mike

I agree .. a weight of some sort. How big is it?

slazen

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this kind of hard metal, weighing 9.4kls.. I want to sell it.. BID YOUR PRICE now!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cONGRATULATION§

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This seems to be a resurrected thread from long ago.

I know we aren't supposed to call anything 'fake' but since the OP isn't making any claims and only asking what it is, might I suggest googling the following:

"fake polonium ingot po-1038"

Optionally, you can add in other terms such as "Philippines" and "scam". Without any judgement, here's one of the sites your search may produce:

Polonium 1038.jpg

Note that Polonium - as well as being extremely rare - is highly toxic and extremely radioactive. After having 9 kilos of that in your lap you wouldn't need the lights on to read in bed and wouldn't be allowed any dental x-rays for the next few millenia.

Last edited:

Godason

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that really a brake pad? Its around 50kg more or less.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that really a brake pad? Its around 50kg more or less.

My apologies, Godason, that "brake pad" comment was just a poor attempt at a joke aimed at the first poster's question on this thread.

Your item appears to be an old tractor wheel weight, similar to these newer ones from a Ford tractor pictured below. The weight (50kg) is about right.

If you look at the hole in yours, it has a square pattern. Old farm equipment used square head bolts and spindles for wheels and other attachments, and used a square hole wrench made for them. I'm just guessing, but the "JD" you mentioned could be for "John Deere"?

rc4MYiqm.jpg

And Welcome to Treasurenet, I see you're a newbie. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread