French coin long way from home

kevkirki

Jul 16, 2011
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was hunting a park in Denver today and after a few Lincolns and 50 pull tabs out pooped this.
I thought it was a penny tell i looked closer and then had no clue :icon_scratch:
cleaned it a little and googled Baudouin and wa-la :hello2:
KM-170 Nickel-Plated Iron 1 Franc (1990)
O Bare head of Baudouin I left
BAUDOUIN I
R Coin divided into three parts, crown in upper left, 1 F in upper right, BELGIQUE below, date across
1 F 1990 BELGIQUE
My coolest find yet :laughing7:
This is my first try with the picture post so i hope it works...thanks for lookn HH!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 397
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
1 belgium * franc -- not france but belgium instead- in 1995 belgium joined with several other european nations and switched to the EURO based money system * thus the coin is now obsolete .

OP
OP
kevkirki

kevkirki

Jul 16, 2011
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info ivan... :wink: Get home from work I'll check it out on the web a little more....interresting

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I am sure glad all the mints of the world have joined together in making crap coins that don't last 2 years in the dirt, certainly not centuries. Our kids won't have much to look forward to finding. Our stinky zincys are a prime example. I think plastic would be better.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:
I am sure glad all the mints of the world have joined together in making crap coins that don't last 2 years in the dirt, certainly not centuries. Our kids won't have much to look forward to finding. Our stinky zincys are a prime example. I think plastic would be better.

Isnt that the truth!!

OP
OP
kevkirki

kevkirki

Jul 16, 2011
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i thought the same thing digger..... ;D ;D . im trying to clean it up but its slow...thanks for the post :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread