NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started out not even wanting to get out of bed today. I've been working on doing a lot of demo to an old house to prep it for a remodel, pretty nasty old plaster etc...... Today was the day to completely remove a two story chimney, with an old coal fireplace on each floor. 12 foot ceiling downstairs, 10 foot up..... plus about 6 feet over the roof. Ugh......

Anyway, we got the whole thing out in under 8 hours, and right at the end, came a bonus..... two 50 dollar bills in the ash box for the upper fireplace! Made the day a whole lot better! We quit today with the chimney even with the first floor, and I have two more feet to break out tomorrow. It's all clogged with dust, and hopefully there will be more goodies in the last two feet. ;D

Attachments

• IMAG0195.JPG
    IMAG0195.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yea, nice finds!

Steve

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
NOLA_Ken said:
worldtalker said:
Nice find,really sad ya can't 50.00 in silver.

Well there's still 2 more feet to look.....maybe something else is in there.....
Ken,Could be a VERY nice day at work for ya,sure hope so!!!GodBless HH Chris

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hus Hus don't let the owner know about it. Or you may be fighting for it in court. Expectly if its a jar of silver coins.....Matt

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, wish that happened to me at work!

I hope you are wearing a mask when demolishing those walls, a lot of lath and plaster contains asbestos.... ;D

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score

I remember as a kid in a very shady situation I was paid to count a very large amount of money. It was all those older fifties and hundreds. To this day it is still the most cash I ever had in front of me at one time.

NJ

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, the rest of the chimney is acting as a foundation pier......but I'm taking my Whites with me tomorrow and hitting the yard at lunch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread