NAZI GOLD IN TEXAS!!!

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
White's VX3. (White's Spectrum XLT) (FISHER 1280-X UNDERWATER) (Whites 6000 Di Detector Series 3 Frankenstein)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 6,656
  • IMG_2345.JPG
    IMG_2345.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 3,388
  • IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 3,413
  • IMG_2350.JPG
    IMG_2350.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 3,463
Upvote 1
OP
OP
texwolf

texwolf

Jul 31, 2009
Kerrville Texas
Detector(s) used
White's VX3. (White's Spectrum XLT) (FISHER 1280-X UNDERWATER) (Whites 6000 Di Detector Series 3 Frankenstein)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern fantasy piece.

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I admittedly know nothing of the subject matter, perhaps it was made very early in the days of SS and that is what their logo looked like in the beginning. It could have morphed into what we know it to look like. The fact that it has gold in it makes me think it couldn't be fake; why would you make trinkets and put gold in them??? It could be a war souvenir a soldier brought home, or from a POW camp as someone suggested. I hope you will research it further to solve this mystery! Friekin' cool find.
Born Free

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. Can you make out any of the writing on the back. I see the number three and it looks like there is a jumping deer or something like that as well as some other writing.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born Free said:
Although I admittedly know nothing of the subject matter, perhaps it was made very early in the days of SS and that is what their logo looked like in the beginning. It could have morphed into what we know it to look like. The fact that it has gold in it makes me think it couldn't be fake; why would you make trinkets and put gold in them??? It could be a war souvenir a soldier brought home, or from a POW camp as someone suggested. I hope you will research it further to solve this mystery! Friekin' cool find.
Born Free
People make fake Gold coins from real Gold, why not this :icon_scratch: But I'm not saying it's fake I :dontknow:..neat find :thumbsup:

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Alnitak said:
If you do a little research, you'll find that the script is totally wrong for the SS on that fob. I sincerely doubt its real; it's a copy at best.

I agree. But if it's gold, I would care less if it was real NAZI garb. It's probably from a biker gang.

The Nazi totenkopf and rune SS look like this:

SS-totenkopf-division-nazi-germany-ww2-logo.png

ELT200708150950450955096.PNG

I agree with the above.
Why are we discussing fake. If someone wants to make a fantasy piece that 'looks' Nazi like & use gold in it for those that like to wear this stuff then its not fake but its not from Germany either (I would hazard a guess).

M_M

Greenie
Nov 9, 2009
I think it looks very old by the way the top ring is uneven in thickness. With that and the black on it a jeweler might be able to date it. It looks to me like the skull might have some type of helmet on. If you dare, you can try and press it into silly putty and use a mirror to see what shapes come out of it. I searched online and haven't seen any type of skulls with that type of engraving nor did I see those font S's. Nazi's used the lightning bolt SS's which would have taken less gold to make. Mexico is heavy into skulls and it may be very old mexican jewelry.

I've read bandits on the run would toss loot into a river and Indians would also ride the white man's gold in the same manor.

Is there any marks from a chain on the inside of the ring or do you think it was leather type rope?

Oilfield Diver

Aug 25, 2011
Republic of Texas
If it were an officially sanctioned piece, it would have the "RZM" logo cast in. Additionally, it would have the factory plant code as well. At best it appears to be a post WWII eastern european produced item. I have seen that particular skull design before but cannot quite place it at the moment. I recall it to be an "aftermarket" design.

Attachments

• ss1a.jpg
    ss1a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,319

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You're missing a couple of glaringly obvious facts.

1/ No elite soldier would wear such an ugly skull representation!

2/ "Schutzstaffel" is one word, so there's no reason for the two periods to be there!

It's no more "nazi" than i am. Biker or personal emblem is my guess. Still, interesting find though and it has got gold in it, always a good thing! :)

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whatever it turns out to be, it is a cool find! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions