First water hunt of the year nets 5th silver n #42,43 wheaty

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting to do a lake hunt all year and todays forecast was 83 degrees so I headed over to a lake with my buddy tom76, This lake is pretty old, but I wasnt expecting much hopefully a silver or gold ring, that didnt happen I did get two wheats (1930,1938), decided to hit some old metal pylons from an old pier and got a semi strong signal, I was using a shovel and not a scoop..bad idea but after 10 minutes looking for the signal I reach down at what looked like a penny and was pleasently surprised when i saw my third merc of the year looking at me, shes seen better days but ill take it, 1942, 5th silver coin of the year and for me thats a good year,well hope you all can get out, pics not that great the merc is black ,gonna have to shine it up, tomorrow im gonna hit a new spot that ive been waiting for them to scrape and its scraped now well see how it goes.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see you posting Scott. I just flew in from Fort Bliss, and look forward to getting out some over the next couple weeks. Congrats on the silver.

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
That was a fun hunt. Pretty tired form being in the water all day. Find us a good spot to hunt when I come over for the garage olympics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions