Significant Junk.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone:

Call me Les.

For many years now, I have owned metal detectors. Right now I own four. All my life I have heard about dowsing but I wasn't really familiar with it from personal experience. In fact, I was somewhat of a skeptic about it.

A couple of years ago I was talking with my Rancher Cousin in southern Utah. He told me he had dowsed for water for his ranch. He told the driller where to drill and that they would hit water at about 70 feet. They hit moisture at 70’ and full flowing water at 90’. That was almost 20 years ago and that well is still flowing water today.

He explained it with such conviction and certainty that I became curious about dowsing. So I bought a couple of brass rods from the hardware store and made some dowsing rods. After all, the water tasted good too and I needed to find out for myself.

To my utmost astonishment and surprise, when my rods crossed, I found a metal target in the ground. I continued dowsing and found all kinds of things. Most were trash items with a few coins along the way. However, the undeniable change dowsing brought was the speed to an unseen target. Using only my metal detector, in most cases it would have taken and extremely long time to finally get the coil over the target, if indeed I happen to do that.

I have dowsed over 300 times now and have had phenomenal success in finding targets.

I first dowse to a target then when my rods cross, I pinpoint it with my metal detector. What I am saying is you really should try it for yourself to see how it works for you. Like myself, it could get you to targets much faster than trying to overlap a detector coil over a large area so as not to miss anything. Dowsing is simply another tool you can use.

Now, there are skeptics who will challenge you along the way and that's OK. Just remember, you would be doing it for yourself and no one else.

Below is a picture of my latest find that I found in my back yard. It's a 27” L X ½” D piece of scrap main power electrical line. It was about 45’ from where I started dowsing and about 1” deep in the ground. This find, being aluminum, in and of itself is not worth much, but like all other finds while dowsing, it is very significant in that it was found while I was dowsing.

I will be posting other finds as time goes on.

Attachments

• S5300383.JPG
    S5300383.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 3,789
  • S5300383.JPG
    S5300383.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 3,792
Upvote 0

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never tried it, but, I say it's baloney :spam4: Could be your nerves, spasms, etc. moving the rods. Due to the sheer amount of 'stuff' in the ground, virtually anywhere you dig is gonna have something - be it a coin, junk or whatever :sign13: So, that explains the finds. Think about this...if a dowsing rod GENUINELY worked, why does it not point to the exact location of the buried item instead of just the general area? Kinda like all those 'psychics' that speak in generalities like; "you've lost someone close to you recently", "I see you're unhappy with something in your life" :laughing7: If they really had the gift, they'd speak specifics, not general, vague nothings...like the dowsing rods :thumbsup:

If YOU think it works however & it makes you happy, more power to you. But, this fish aint buying it :read2:

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les, you're not the only one. Just this month I was surprised to see someone using dowsing while trying to relocate a Waffle House sign. I don't know if they were looking for electric, metal, or what, but the fact that they were dowsing sure surprised me! And they did that kind of stuff for a living!
I'll keep an open mind.
Tigger

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tigger: It's not really known how dowsing works but if it didn't, people would have abandonded it ages ago. Thus, as I mentioned before, there is no shortage of dowsing skeptics. It's just part of the territory is all.

Some will claim you can dig virtually anywhere and find something. Well, that's not true and anyone who has operated a metal detector knows that. Perhaps you have scanned an area with your Metal Detector for quite some time then finally it beeps on a target. That indicates metal is not everywhere. I will be posting more pictures of dowsing finds with the story that goes with it.

Keep an open mind.

Here is an article that you might be interested in knowing about.

http://twm.co.nz/dowsing_jse_com.html
http://www.water-diviner.com/articles3.htm
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a_water_dowser_work

In an article published in the current issue of the peer-reviewed Journal of Scientific Exploration, a science journal with the editorial offices at Stanford University, Professor Hans-Dieter Betz, a physicist at the University of Munich, presents the results of a German government sponsored program to test and apply dowsing methods to locate water sources in arid regions. This ten year project involved over 2000 drillings in Sri Lanka, Zaire, Kenya, Namibia, Yemen and other countries and is thus the most ambitious experiment with water dowsing ever carried out.

The outcome was striking. An overall success rate of 96% (by dowsers) was achieved in 691 drillings in Sri Lanka. Based on geological experience in that area, a success rate of 30-50% would be expected from conventional techniques alone.

But the overall success rate is not the only indication that the dowsing phenomenon is of considerable practical use. According to Betz, what is both puzzling but enormously useful, is that in hundreds of cases the dowsers were able to predict the depth of the water source and the yield of the well to within 10 to 20 percent. We carefully considered the statistics of these correlations, and they far exceeded lucky guesses

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me and a friend of mine gave it a try when we were kids.... maybe about 12 years old. we had read an article on the subject and thought we would give it a try. we cut a couple of wire coat hangers and fashioned two pieces into 'L' shapes and slowly walked about his yard holding them loosely with the rods facing in front of us. they did cross, and sure enough we did find a couple of pennies using this method. I believe it works, but personally I would rather stick to my detector

OP
OP
lesjcbs

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jewelerguy: I too like metal detectors. I have four and have used them for years. I found that dowsing adds to the speed that I get to a target and that's important. The sooner the better as wandering around to eventually get my coil over a target can be very time consuming.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1959 I watched a Japanese man use two brass rods bent into "L" shapes with the short end in a couple of soda bottles. He was locating water and power lines at my middle school before some major digging was going to be done. He had another man following him placing stakes in the ground as the rods crossed. Whether or not he was actually finding the water and electrical lines, I never found out. If nothing else, he was fascinating to watch.

Regardless, I'm still going with voodoo.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
When we lived in an arid section of rural New Mexico, dowsing was a standard and successful way of deciding where to drill for new water wells. Let the skeptics keep their skepticism, while you keep your finds! Andi

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Les You have done what no other dowser has ever done before .Posted in main stream But a piece of house wire is not treasure and dowsing is still a load of rubbish

tinpan

trixie charger

Aug 31, 2010
N.C.
Never worked for me with objects, but always works with Water!!!!! I have a contract with a Drilling company. I go out and find water lines and trace them, find areas to dig and so on. It has NEVER failed and making money doesn't hurt either!! :laughing9: :headbang:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Tried it several times myself. Could never get it to work for me. But just because there isnt no hard core proof doesnt mean it cant be done. I think that there is lots of weird things out there that cant be explaned but work. I love reading the dowsing stories and opinions. Cant all be a coinsedance. Good luck with your dowsing. HH

PS I have never seen god but I believe he is there, Never seen a ghost or angel but there around to. Some people clame to have esp and others claim they can move things with there mind. Who knows if they can or not. Think about it if someone was sitting next to you and moved a object would you believe your eyes? Same concept someone finds something with a dowsing rod and we all try to explane it away but the truth is some things cant be explaned. Sorry for rambling on its 5:42 AM and I just got home from a long nights work and I am not even sure any of this makes sense...lol Night Night..

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan mate - for example - Denny Hulme, died at the wheel at Bathurst; his Father won a VC in WWII, he was a dowser.

What makes you think it can't be?
Mike

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trikikiwi said:
tinpan mate - for example - Denny Hulme, died at the wheel at Bathurst; his Father won a VC in WWII, he was a dowser.

Mike

VC or Congressional Medal of Honour has never been awarded for DOWSING or do Dowser Rods clear Mine feilds.

tinpan

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I also am a skeptic to disbelief, but I own some land in the mountains where you have to hit enough cracks in the granite to get enough water. I definitely will pay a dowser before the driller comes.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
tinpan said:
Well done Les You have done what no other dowser has ever done before .Posted in main stream But a piece of house wire is not treasure and dowsing is still a load of rubbish

tinpan
Wow, Tinpan, you are a veritable source of knowledge!

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
njnydigger said:
Never tried it, but, I say it's baloney :spam4: Could be your nerves, spasms, etc. moving the rods. Due to the sheer amount of 'stuff' in the ground, virtually anywhere you dig is gonna have something - be it a coin, junk or whatever :sign13: So, that explains the finds. Think about this...if a dowsing rod GENUINELY worked, why does it not point to the exact location of the buried item instead of just the general area? Kinda like all those 'psychics' that speak in generalities like; "you've lost someone close to you recently", "I see you're unhappy with something in your life" :laughing7: If they really had the gift, they'd speak specifics, not general, vague nothings...like the dowsing rods :thumbsup:

If YOU think it works however & it makes you happy, more power to you. But, this fish aint buying it :read2:
Never tried it, but it's baloney? interesting obdervation from an unbiased person!

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
trikikiwi said:

Mike

VC or Congressional Medal of Honour has never been awarded for DOWSING or do Dowser Rods clear Mine feilds.

tinpan

Have you NEVER had a premonition?

I suspect you are much more in touch with 'the earth', your environs, than you are prepared to admit.

Excuse me for speaking my mind; I consider you a Mate.
Cheers, Mike

just-dig

Dec 25, 2008
North Texas
This thread is hilarious. The naysayers are clueless. I've been finding buried sewer, gas and water lines (steel/pvc/clay tile) for 20+ years with a single rod. You don't have to have two and they certainly don't have to be brass. I use a coat hanger bent in the shape of an L dropped into a bic pen cylinder. If you think it doesn't work, make one up, go outside and find your water meter, walk across the line back and forth from the meter to the house and make the rod not turn, I dare you...lol

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used coat hangers and brass rods for over 50 yrs to locate metal. Never tried to find water. I thought willow branches were used for water.
It works for me. Just last week, my neighbor lost an old, plugged water line that he remembered went out to a old shed. Tried my MD, even large coils and all metal mode. 30 min of walking back and forth didn't leave any sign of targets in a straight line. 30 min with the coat hangers showed a 40 ft, straight run with a 45deg. dog leg. The line was at 14inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread