Short hunt - a surprise

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello

My 12 year old boy had a doctor appt today. So after the appt, we were driving home and passed a city park. On a whim, I pulled in. He has never went TH'ing with me so I thought this would be cool. A short hunt as I had 45 minutes to kill before I had to be home. There were 3 woodchipped play areas. One slide and two play structures.

I only found 93 cents and a small heart junk jewelry thing but still had a lot of fun. He was razzing me. You know, like, "ooh now you have 18 cents, you're rich dad" , stuff like that. :)

Well, as we walked to the second structure, he was ahead of me and went straight accross the chips and climbed onto the ladder to go down the slide. I started swinging accross right where he had just walked and found this laying on top of the chips. lol, guess who did the razzing the rest of the time we were there. ;) He walked right over it and didn't see it. :)

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Free 20.jpg
    Free 20.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 823
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
LoL, wish you got razzled more often eh?

Actually pretty much all the posts of yours I have seen, I think this is the first one that wasn't filled with jewelry. Razzled or not you burn it up.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BDoo,

nice.

Some poor tot lost his or her 20 spot ;D

Telling my age, when I was a kid if you had 5-10 cents
in your pocket, you kept on checking if it was still there.

Now its 20 dollar bills. ::)

have a good un.............

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Postalrevnant said:
LoL, wish you got razzled more often eh?

Actually pretty much all the posts of yours I have seen, I think this is the first one that wasn't filled with jewelry. Razzled or not you burn it up.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Thanks Revenant man!

I knew it was going to be rough because of the fresh layer of woodchips. But it just goes to show you, persistance and being in the right place at the right time. We make our own luck!!

"I'd rather be lucky AND good!"

;)

Thanks!!
Smiles!
BDoo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always pays to keep your eyes open. You now have enough to pay for 1/4 tank of gas. >:(

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
BDoo,

nice.

Some poor tot lost his or her 20 spot ;D

Telling my age, when I was a kid if you had 5-10 cents
in your pocket, you kept on checking if it was still there.

Now its 20 dollar bills. ::)

have a good un.............

Thanks Sherm, I hear ya.
I never lost anything..well, maybe a few things...lol.
I feel sorry for them if it was a kid.
So I can sleep tonight, I'll pretend that
it was some rich momma that doesn't need the money.
They were there, I saw them...
They kept looking at me when I bent over to dig. ;)

Smiles!
BDoo

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Good job! Nothing like some free extra cash! On the same note-I've been metal detecting on a beach before, hard at work digging up coins while my son is handing me coins he found a few feet over sitting on top of the sand.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! I hunted a small woodchip playground last Saturday morning and while I was sweating and digging, 2 of the sweetest little girls showed up with their dad. I guess they were going for a walk and really were only going to slide down the slide once before moving on. I looked up and they were both standing right at my eye level on a little walkway to the slide and of course one of them says "what's that mister?" I told them it was a machine that could find metal things like money and jewelry and I held out a little bit of the change I had found and their eyes got big. They proceeded to be chatterboxes for a couple minutes asking me questions, telling me their ages (3 and 5) and nicely pestering me (hehe) until their dad got them to move along.

About 1 minute later the 2 of them come running up to me at a full sprint with huge smiles on their faces. They hold out their hands and the youngest one says "look what we found right over there under the bench!" I think between the two of them they must have had about 7 quarters, a half dozen dimes and a couple nickels. The bench was on the concrete about 2 feet back from the play area. I took off my headphones, smiled and told them congratulations and that they did an excellent job!!! They smiled and ran off. Needless to say although I thought it was cute, I couldn't help thinking I could have found another 2-3 bucks if I had just opened my eyes and looked around before I started hunting the woodchips!!! Here I was, struggling and sweating to dig up pennies :P. I found a nice silver ring and about $7 in clad before I quit, but in $/hour they still did a much better job them me :)

CoinDigger

Greenie
Nov 18, 2004
Way to go Boobydoo. I once found a diamond ring in the front yard of a house that was being torn down. My 11 yer old daught started razzing me saying" the ring wasn't lost dad, it was thrown away"
Now if I can only get the ring back from her.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did you remind him on the way home that it was "20 DOLLAR'S and 93 cent's".Nice going Bdoo.HH!!

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Finding cash like that makes me wonder if anyone has targeted a search near the woods bordering toll booth areas. Maybe they're off limits in some situations, but their has to be some bills that just got away... but are waiting to be found.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has only happened to me once and it was a nice surprise. :) Only one 20 though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread