Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1344 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

ALL Metal Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Today

It seems like all I have done lately is write magazine articles. I have cranked out 2 for AD Magazine and another for North South Trader in the past week. I was dying to go hunting. Dman was playing golf and Josh had to work so I made a solo trip to a CSA Cavalry camp with one mission in mind-search an area where the camp blacksmith shod the hundreds of cavalry horses for the CS Soldiers camped there. I hunted for 3.5 hours before it got too hot. It started out at 62 degrees when I arrived at 7 am and was 83 deg. at 10:30 with high humidity. My shirt was soaked with sweat when I left.
    I haven't hunted that part of the camp in probably 12 years but a friend had dug 3 iron stirrups there. The old Fisher that I used there previously would almost blank out with the iron nails in the small area. The F75 was a different matter as you can see.
    I tossed the first 6 or 7 horseshoe halves that are not in the pic. I was amazed at the horseshoe pieces and iron pot parts there. I brought them home so I could clean and clear coat them to give to school kids as they came from a historic Confederate camp commanded by a famous Colonel. I enjoyed finding the pocket knife and fired .36 cal. ball. I first thought the piece in the middle with 3 holes was a lockplate but after cleaning I believe it's from a wagon. The brass piece inside the small shoe looks to be part of a scabbard tip. I really enjoyed hunting today. Hunt every day like it's your last because it may be. Nothing exciting here but I'm going back because there are hundreds of other targets to dig there yet.
    Be on the lookout for my articles about some relic legends and Tenn. Trio finds in W & E, AD, and N S Trader magazine in the next 6 or 8 months. There are 4 articles scheduled for W & E, 3 for American Digger, and 2 for North South Trader so far. HH, Quindy.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSA CAv. Camp 9-14-11.jpg 
Views:	1173 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	567401  
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

Re: ALL Metal Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Today

Well I would'a went huntin' with ya, Brad. Hopefully today is the last day for the 90's. Looks like tomorrow is going to be perfect for hunting if we can get that rain outta here by then. They are calling for temps in the 70's.. Congrats on all the upcoming articles and your finds~

Nana

us
    Relic hunter

Mar 2008
    Kentucky
    Whites
    141 times
    Relic Hunting

Looks like that F75 was very busy, good to see you got to get out diggin.

Bill

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1344 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Nana and Bill, you two jumped on this post faster than a duck on a June Bug. Thanks for looking and I hope you two enjoy your upcoming hunts as much as I did mine today. HH, Quindy.
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

umrgolf

Hey Quindy, glad to see you're getting out in the heat.. Those articles must keep you busy! Looks like you got into a mess of Oxen Shoes out there

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by umrgolf
    Hey Quindy, glad to see you're getting out in the heat.. Those articles must keep you busy! Looks like you got into a mess of Oxen Shoes out there
    Awesome iron Quindy!!!

I dont see a single oxen shoe bud
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

umrgolf

Quote Originally Posted by kuger
    Awesome iron Quindy!!!

it looked like a few were ox shoes, maybe not.. either way, good stuff

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Awesome iron Quindy!!!

Horse shoes flat wore in half ,bud
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

umrgolf

Awesome iron Quindy!!!

oh well, what do i know.. thought the ones with the fat "lip" on the bottom were ox

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Awesome iron Quindy!!!

oh well, what do i know.. thought the ones with the fat "lip" on the bottom were ox
    You know a lot bud!!!Especially how to find mindblowing relics!!!!
    I see what your saying,but they are horse shoes....I mentioned in the PM where we find tons...of both
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)

M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Oct 2009
    North Carolina
    White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
    1304 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Quindy, YOU GO! Excellent hunt as always. I know the school kids will love those half shoes. Breezie

PS: You'd better turn those horseshoes around so all your luck want run out!
    Every time I watch Gone With The Wind, I think we're gonna win this time!

Charter Member

Jan 2007
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    1344 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Awesome iron Quindy!!!

Thanks Jeff andCody. We occasinally find some of the little shoes in U.S. and CS sites around here. I always thought they were from small mules or horses used as pack animals for the troops.The square nails are thick in that site. Keep up your good digging in Missouri Jeff and send me a gold nugget from CA Cody. Thanks gentlemen, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie
    Quindy, YOU GO! Excellent hunt as always. I know the school kids will love those half shoes. Breezie

Don't worry Breezie, Modern Miner will do it for me-LOL. I'll trade all this junk for an African Slave Bracelet-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2645 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by VOL1266-X
    Awesome iron Quindy!!!

Thanks Jeff andCody. We occasinally find some of the little shoes in U.S. and CS sites around here. I always thought they were from small mules or horses used as pack animals for the troops.The square nails are thick in that site. Keep up your good digging in Missouri Jeff and send me a gold nugget from CA Cody. Thanks gentlemen, Quindy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezie

Don't worry Breezie, Modern Miner will do it for me-LOL. I'll trade all this junk for an African Slave Bracelet-LOL. HH, Quindy.
    The mule shoes have a distinct look to them as well,as do the "draft horses",vs. the riding stock
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

us
    Feb 2006
    Tennessee
    Minelab EXPLORER SE
    189 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Looks like you had a good day hunting. I should have gone with you instead of playing golf. I shot a 71 and lost $14.00. It's hard to beat a bunch of high handicappers. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors