Todays hunt, meager interesting finds, great story

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today's hunt, meager interesting finds, great story

So today at my brothers house we are talking about MDing and the sister inlaw says to go over her daughters house to detect. The house and land has been in the family for over 75 years and my brother had found a merc there once before. So we go and start finding quarters and pennys all over the place... hmm, this is like an easter egg hunt... I suggest that John the owner and practical joker has seeded the yard for us. My brother agrees and I hatch a plan to get John back, I take off my fathers 14k ring off of a chain I have along with a silver and gold cross and put it in my pouch. My brother is ready to play along. Well, John comes back from a hike in the woods with the kids and asks us how we did and I say, there were lots of quaters laying around and I felt he had seeded the yard.... he couldn't keep a straight face... so I say thanks for that because if he hadn't done that, I wouldn't have looked so hard and then I pull out the ring and cross saying I found them right around the area the coins were seeded.... that was two hours ago and he still doesn't know! His eyes were huge when I showed him them.

While he was there though, I found what I thought was my first 50 cent piece until I felt the weight. It is a token given out for an election I presume and I found an old rusted pocket knife with writing on it... cool finds for a few hours of hunting.. My brother found an old wheat penny and a coin that we won't know what it is until he cleans it up.

Now the kicker, the family property has a small lake on it with a swimming beach and dock that has been in the family the whole time and numerous parties/picnics have been held there.... I have permission to hunt it anytime I want.... I think I need to learn to scuba dive for this one. I've been told there are at least two gold chains in the water at the end of the dock... Can't wait for next year and warmer weather now.

Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_5333.JPG
    IMG_5333.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Re: Today's hunt, meager interesting finds, great story

what luck a water site in ur own backyard.

cool way to fool em.

but be careful....many cant stop at a little joke

and pretty soon there showin all kinda stuff like they

found it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread