Small Town Park Surrenders 8 Silvers,Injuns ,Vs, Buffalos

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
I took another short 2 day camping trip up north and had a great time detecting. The first day I found 5 silver, the '07d Barber quarter I found in a park on the way to my destination when I stopped for a bathroom break. Upon arriving at my camping spot I set up the camper and headed for a park that I had done a little research on and found the '45d Walker, the '12 Barber dime, '43d Merc and a '57d Rosey ,for a dime trifecta, an '84 V nickel, a '36d Buffalo and 4 wheats. In my opinion both of the parks I hit that day had been hunted pretty hard. When I dug the Walker I was digging a signal that I thought was going to be an Injun after waving a handful of dirt over the coil I heard a nickel it was a Buffalo ,hmmm, I stuck the probe in the hole and it screamed silver, I dug and out came the Walker and a Merc. Nice surprize!! I only found 1.34 in clad and only 23 coins total the first day. Day 2 started at a park that is well over 100 years old, I had 2 silver and several teens, twenties and thirties wheats all in about an hour and a half when a fellow came up to me and asked if I would move over by the ballpark because there were a couple other guys there last week and the grass died where they dug coins, over by the ballpark area was o.k. because the grass was going to die anyway. This didn't make too much sense to me but I bit my tounge and went over by the ballpark and you could tell that the area had been scraped and pretty deep too, to level the area for a ballfield. I left shortly after realizing that I had been directed to the one part of the park that I would find nothing old at. I would be willing to bet that next time I go back there I might see him out there detecting. The 2 silver I found there were the '45d Washington and the 45d Merc. I was a little bummed out as I headed toward the next small town but that soon faded after I got there. My first target was the '07 Barber quarter at about 6 inches, after I ambled along finding silver I decided to grid it out, the park is about a half block wide by one block long and I had about 4 hours of daylight left. I left this park with 8 silver, the afore mentioned Barber, a '43 Washington, '02s and '07o Barber dimes, '20 ,'4? Mercs, '43p and '44p War nickels, Injuns were '69,'88,'93,'00,'04,'04,'04,and '05. '05 and '03 V nickels, '16s,'19,'18,'30 and a no date Buffalos and 16 wheats with 1 1909. I didn't realize that the '69 Injun was a semi key date until just a few minutes ago after looking in my book and I believe it's at least a G4. I included in the pics a little button that I found and if there were a club like this around these days I'd belong to it. As long as the weather holds out I will try some more camping trips and hope for the turnout like the last few. Thanks for looking and HH
Deano
101_1345.jpg

101_1339.jpg

101_1342.jpg

101_1340.jpg

101_1343.jpg

Upvote 0

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you hit the old sites on the nose every time. Nice finds Deano!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet hunt!!!! my 69 was toast, now a good luck charm i wear at all times... MR TUFF

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Lot of nice finds.

I would have said forget it if he wasn't a cop. I stay till the copes come. The shi* you have to go through in this hobby to make finds. I have been asked to leave a few great area's in the past. Because people out there have nothing better to do.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread