Two clad quarters, two clad pennies and one linc cent, BUT....

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
BUT that wasn't the good part.

I took the three grandsons to a local park today. 3yr old, 9yr old and 13yr old. We fed the ducks, they did the swings and slides and all the playground equipment.

Today was the best weather for an afternoon outing that we have had in a long time and the park was getting busy.

While the little one was playing in the sand pit with others, I decided to take out my Garrett and MD a few minutes near him in the grass.

The cool/good part of the MDing session was when I suddenly realized that I had a crowd gathered around me and my eldest grandson who was helping me. There was about 15 people all standing around watching what I was doing ranging in age from 5 to several adults and they were really getting into the MDing. The adults were calling their kids over to see the "treasures" I was finding and asking questions about the machine, how deep can it detect, how do you tell what you are finding, what are the good sounds when you find something and of course how much does it cost. They all loved the Garrett Pro pin pointer. Fortunately, I was able to find a few clad and pennies close to my little grandsons play place.

I made sure to stress to all of them that a good Md'er always filled and covered their holes and tried to leave as little evidence that they had been there as possible. The adults appreciated that part and I think the kids learned something also.

Hopefully I did a little good for the hobby today.

Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Totally cool. My son and I have enjoyed showing kids how to use our detector and, if they are calm enough, encouraging them to use it to find a few coins. They love trying. At the beach, the oldest of three young brothers said he'd like a silver dollar if I found one that day. I laughed and told him that if I found two silver dollars, I'd give him one, then we all laughed. Didn't find any, but I did show them the interesting coin from Taiwan I'd already found that day. Just as you did, I showed the boys that we always fill up our holes. HH Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread