Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Windy but temps in the 80's so I went out to the Last Chance Saloon site. For those who do not know about this place here is a quick summary. It was located on the Chisholm trail. When leaving Kansas it was the last chance to get whiskey before going into Indian territory. More on this site: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061231144542AAmAIpV This site has been hunted to death by me and others. I just like going out there because of the history. In the past I have found lead bullets, eagle buttons, Indian Penny's, and one two cent piece. Here are a few finds from the last outing. Nothing great mind you.

PICT0003.JPG
Anyone know what caliber the shells are? They are rimfire.

PICT0004.JPG What is the item in the bottom left of this picture? It is made of lead and is the size of the end of your little finger. It has a hole in the small end.
Thank you for looking.
Burdie

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dunno what your what's it is, Burdie. :dontknow: But aren't you glad to see summer coming to an end! :icon_thumleft:

Nana :hello:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Burdie said:
Windy but temps in the 80's so I went out to the Last Chance Saloon site. For those who do not know about this place here is a quick summary. It was located on the Chisholm trail. When leaving Kansas it was the last chance to get whiskey before going into Indian territory. More on this site: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061231144542AAmAIpV This site has been hunted to death by me and others. I just like going out there because of the history. In the past I have found lead bullets, eagle buttons, Indian Penny's, and one two cent piece. Here are a few finds from the last outing. Nothing great mind you.

Anyone know what caliber the shells are? They are rimfire.

What is the item in the bottom left of this picture? It is made of lead and is the size of the end of your little finger. It has a hole in the small end.
Thank you for looking.
Burdie
That would be an old, old furniture pull I believe Stan. I dug some in Tn. just like them at the old Jim Buckner house site. Jim Buckner was a great furniture builder back when. Great finds my friend

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By golly I believe your right WD. Looked like it was made from a mold. Now if I can find out what caliber the shells are. Thank you.

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions