Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in an inland area of Australia where the ocean is almost two hours drive but we have our lakes and rivers. At one of the rivers an area is set aside as a nude beach. There's not a chance in hell you'll see me there normally but I figured in the first week of spring, on an overcast day in the middle of the week I'd be fairly safe. Thankfully not a soul.

Aside from my backyard it was my first outing with my X-Terra 70 and I took a day off work specifically to come to know my new best friend. I haven't been able to find out whether there are any restrictions on detecting here so I figured that if I carried two pouches, one for the finds and one for the junk that a Ranger wouldn't be too harsh on me if I could show all the junk I was carting out of the recreation area. Well if beer bottle caps were valuable I'd be a rich man. I am now fairly positive after 40 or so that I can readily identify these on my detecter now and can mostly ignore them.

When I got to the nude beach I figured that the bathers would disrobe and leave their clothes on flat rocks and under trees on the river bank and that coins would drop out at these locations. This logic resulted in finds at these locations and not much else in other locations. A old chap came along and asked what I was looking for and mentioned that another person had already been through the area. The coins I found were generally under a root mat which indicated they'd been there for quite some while. The 2 cent coin for instance has not been used in Australia for the last 15 years. It was a good testament for the 70 to find older coins in a worked area.

Aside from the huge haul of beer bottle caps I found half a dozen sinkers and a total of $1.77. I got rained on, my knees hurt - I'm happy, I had a ball ;D

Attachments

• DSC04858.JPG
    DSC04858.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 878
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Congrats on the Nice finds...I expected alot more tho ,considering they dont have pockets ;) Wheres the pics from the beach? :)

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heres a photo from an appropriate distance - its quiet a small area of about 100 metres long by about 20 deep. The other guy apparently found about $13 of coin in this area. He must have done a reasonable job as THers here are fairly uncommon. Canberra although the nations capital only has a population of 250-300,000. I've lived here since 97 and have never seen anyone else with a detector.

Like I said there is no way in hell I'm nuding up ::) The worlds not ready for that and neither am I.

Attachments

• nbeach.jpg
    nbeach.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 865
OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look harder - can't you see me waving to the satellite.

Nothing to see folks, move along ;)

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
sfinder said:
Wonder where those people keep their car keys? ;) ;) ;)

Q. Who is the most popular man in a nudist colony?
A. The one who can carry 2 cups of coffee and nine doughnuts at the same time.

Q. Who is the most popular woman in a nudist colony?
A. The one who can eat the last doughnut.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi harry,any white pointers there. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody there but me - I could have sworn that Elle and Bo had agreed to meet me. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread