Here is the good one!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I know we all try to find "the big one" well today I found the little one, cuff size Rev War officers button !! I've found examples of this button before but none with condition and remaining gilt like this one. There's tons of good info out there on The Kings American Regiment, I'm just glad we had them around here all that time ago. Now the story... me, Iron Patch and Patriot were out today kicking some dirt around, we looked at a few fields but with crops still in and hunters leases keeping us from detecting much we decided to hit a couple of old sites that were available but our prospects were low, but we kept saying it only takes one good one!
I was lucky enough to pick up a couple of coppers at one site just as we were leaving and the button was the one and only button I dug at the other nearby old site we ended the day on. Others have dug these buttons on this site and many other detectorists have walked the field hoping for one too ( isn't that right Romeo ;D) today was my turn I guess. I'll be happy to keep and display this one!
ps, one of the coppers I dug was an Evasion copper from UK, appartently not common in the colonies, part of the script in the legend reads ADOLPHUS ,lucky twice ! I think I'll get a lottery ticket :laughing7:

Attachments

• kar.JPG
    kar.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 5,617
  • evasion.JPG
    evasion.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 5,590
Upvote 2

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Patch said you found a stunner but that one is amazing! I don't think I've seen another Kings American in such condition!!! That's a banner button if there ever was one!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE let me borrow that lucky iron horse shoe just for one button find! Unreal you get a post like that from where we went.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
WOW!!! Patch said you found a stunner but that one is amazing! I don't think I've seen another Kings American in such condition!!! That's a banner button if there ever was one!

I think it was very protected for a long time. Whether that was over 100 years ago years ago, or more recently, something definitely kept that one nice. Gotta love the plow because that patch of iron was very VERY beat. The night we hunted years ago I couldn't even dig a target never mind a good sound in what was bad conditions, such as it was today. Maybe we should forget the new site thing and hit the circuit!

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Iron Patch said:
PLEASE let me borrow that lucky iron horse shoe just for one button find! Unreal you get a post like that from where we went.
we all know I pulled that out of my actual old sites, wish they all were like that! our picks weren't as good as the finds

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute...was this found on a site I've hunted? You're right IH...I've been looking for a KAR ever since my first trip to Dirtyville 5 years ago...man, time flies.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Wait a minute...was this found on a site I've hunted? You're right IH...I've been looking for a KAR ever since my first trip to Dirtyville 5 years ago...man, time flies.

The midnight hunt when I dug mine, well he got his where I spent all my time before I walked up.. the patch of iron.

The field has probably been plowed twice since then, and obviously made the difference.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Ironhorse that button is fantastic but you already knew that ! The condition is amazing but you already knew that too ! I am going to push the Banner Button for that beauty ! M.R.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

The midnight hunt when I dug mine, well he got his where I spent all my time before I walked up.. the patch of iron.

The field has probably been plowed twice since then, and obviously made the difference.

yeah buddy, you could say you had a shot at that one once upon a time , but I had an assist from the plough!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!!! Lots of gilt too! Banner Button. Congrats........Hogge :notworthy:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

yeah buddy, you could say you had a shot at that one once upon a time , but I had an assist from the plough!

Auughhh...bittersweet!! It does give hope that no site is hunted out!

U

umrgolf

There is really nothing anyone can say other than CONGRATS :thumbsup: Nice score

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

Auughhh...bittersweet!! It does give hope that no site is hunted out!

yep, it's crazy because the way that place is now you could hunt 25 times and get nothing great, or like today find one button and it be the one. It makes it pretty damn hard to decide how's the best way to spend your diggin time... new sites, or old favs. where the targets are very slim but there's still a chance.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way for those who don't know, which is most... that button dates 1776-1781.

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whooaaaaa... what a find! :icon_thumright:

Amazing find... and in excellent condition. Congrats man! Banner!

Would you consider that better than Iron Patch's? :laughing9:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GioTheGreek said:

Compared to the one I dug in the same patch, different in ways, but over all very close.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Iron Patch said:
GioTheGreek said:

Compared to the one I dug in the same patch, different in ways, but over all very close.
I would agree with that

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ironhorse said:
Iron Patch said:
GioTheGreek said:

I would agree with that

If you could get the remaining corrosion off without any damage it would be better with all that gilt. But regardless I have never seen one clean up like that. My coat size from 2001 as you would recall came out near corrosion free. More just a thin film that wasn't even green.

PS: Cleaning finds hurts the value! oh too late.

OP
OP
ironhorse

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
steelheadwill said:
Shiny Rev Button :o
got my vote, Congrats ;D
Can I come & hunt Dirtyville ? :icon_scratch:

it ain't easy finding this here or anywhere, simple answer yes, I always say the finds are in the fields, just gotta be there with them

another funny thing, we were talking about a trip south to see some of you guys next fall and perhaps steal away some goodies maybe ;D , we could do a trade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread