Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sunday's relic hunt with Mike of Woodland Detectors

Last week I talked to a landowner that has been finding relics laying on top of the ground on his property and gave me permission to hunt. I invited my hunting partner Mike of Woodland Detectors to come up and help me hunt. The field was supposed to have been a Confederate camp and a Union camp was nearby as well. The landowner lives in a 1700's home which is next to the field. Within minutes of getting out of the truck I found an eagle coat button that came apart in the extremely hard ground. Mike worked his way up to the part of the field in front of the house and found a nice flat button. The owner's wife came out to visit us and was telling us all about the history on the property. She had a diary that belonged to a local confederate soldier that talked about the camps and battles in the area. She also brought out a tray of relics that she has found just laying on the ground around the house. One was a beautiful frame sling buckle and a couple rifle hammer and lock plates. We gave her some of our finds to add to her collection. We were very hot and tired trying to dig in the very dry ground. We passed up a lot of targets that were just too deep to dig in that dry ground. We will go back later after some much needed rain. The owner wants us to come back and hunt around the house and the slave shacks and is very interested in digging the privy. I had a great time hunting with Mike and visiting with the owners. I can't wait to go back and see what else we can find for them. This is a very historical site and we are not going to post any pictures of the house or surrounding areas to protect the owners privacy.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 756
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 770
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 747
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 751
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 765
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 756
Upvote 1

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sunday's relic hunt with Mike of Woodland Detectors

I am so envious but not of the site your hunting. I am though of not being able to hunt with a great bunch of guys. Good luck and bring the goodies home. Congrats on the finds.

Burdie

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I have been trying to get hold of you for almost two years now... Need you to contact me asap please

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mike I have been trying to get hold of you for almost two years now... Need you to contact me asap please

WOW. This post is over three years old. All that I know about Mike is that he is currently in Michigan. I have not talked to him in quite a while. I have tried several times but he is not responding to messages at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread