2 hours in a park

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing special today, a typical hunt. Thanks for looking and HH!
IMG_0581.jpg

Jeff

Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Typical day is still more fun than sitting at home! That little mouse looks happy to be out of the ground too. Hope you dig some terrific surprises this fall! Andi

OP
OP
HuntNdig

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now I'm using the Bounty Hunter VLF, but next week I should have a fisher F5 in my grasp!!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Does the Fisher pick up deeper signals than the Bounty Hunter? We have Bounty Hunter now and have found good stuff, but plan to add another detector in a few months. We detect in parks, beach, and shallow water. Some of the dirt around here is like concrete. Thanks! Andi

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
g-olden years said:
Does the Fisher pick up deeper signals than the Bounty Hunter? We have Bounty Hunter now and have found good stuff, but plan to add another detector in a few months. We detect in parks, beach, and shallow water. Some of the dirt around here is like concrete. Thanks! Andi

Fishers are deeper than bounty hunters. Once your out of the beginner phase of metal detecting your gonna put away the bounty hunters. They just can't get the depth. Hope that f5 knocks your socks off.

OP
OP
HuntNdig

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking of going with the F4 instead. My Dad has one and i really like it a lot and i don't want to " one up" Dad lol. I am green when it comes to metal detecting although i have done well for myself this first month of detecting, will i be making any critical sacrifices going with the F4 rather than the F5 that i should know about?

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishers are nice but it seems Tesoro goes a little deeper and if you can afford on get a used whitees Spectrum xlt it will knock the other detectors in the dirt nice dig you had though keep up the good work :icon_thumright:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always fun to get out and dig - you never know whats gonna pop up next!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Kneo

Greenie
Sep 26, 2011
Leominster, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
freddy williams said:
Fishers are nice but it seems Tesoro goes a little deeper and if you can afford on get a used whitees Spectrum xlt it will knock the other detectors in the dirt nice dig you had though keep up the good work :icon_thumright:

That's exactly what I bought just two months ago; White's XLT and it had been used just once, no scratches on the plastic at the bottom (you should see it now though!) A woman bought it and used it in her backyard. It came with a carrying bag, headphones, 120mm Whites Bullseye, and a Dick Stout book which was immensley helpful on researching and listening to signals - got the whole shibang for $450. I have tested it with various coins and different depths against a friends ACE 250, and I find that they really are equal and that it really came down to the user. Stout's tips on using headphones, then cranking the volume up to full on the machine and using the knob controls on the headphones allows a person to hear faint sounds, and backup and check that sound which has brought in some deep targets.

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
freddy williams said:

You must not know of the CZ series from fisher very well. ;D

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I have been detecting for over 40 years and this debate has been going on for a lot longer than that. What machine gets the best depth? From my experience it depends on the soil conditions and what you are looking for.The main thing about more depth is learning your machine. I have seen guys with cheap machines outdo guys with expensive machines because they knew how to us their machines. I use a Minelab and a Fisher and they are both great machines. A friend of mine has a White's and we have compared signals and they are about the same as far a depth. I hope I don't offend anyone with my opinion.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tools are an important part of our hobby. You have to be familiar with your machine and you have to like it.

This hobby has as much skill involved as golfing. Luck plays a small part, very small part. Most people with good finds do the footwork if that footwork is getting permission or research. And everyone with good consistent finds knows their machine.

Get a machine you will be happy with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions