Large Cent From Demo in California...

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
So, I have been hitting this demo recently, lots and lots of iron, looking for a seated dime to add to the growing coin collection...

Found a bunch of cool stuff at this demo but this one takes the cake... pulled up a large disk and wiped off the back, "ONE CENT" was looking back at me, I couldn't believe it!

1853 Large Cent, my first LC and my oldest coin to date by 35 years. Not too shabby for California...

There is more to come from this site, just need to do some cleaning and scanning, stay tuned!

HH

JW

Attachments

• large_cent.jpg
    large_cent.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE. That is a pretty old find for CA!

It's hard to beat that feeling when you pull those big discs out of the ground and see they're old coins.

OP
OP
JW

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Thanks everyone, I never expected to find one out here, total surprise to me. :D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
W :o W, JW....that's the first large cent I've seen on here from so far west. :o :o

Really great find! :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Great job at that demo site.That Large Cent is an excellent find and a very rewarding one since it is your oldest coin find to date. I'm looking forward to seeing the other digs from that site. HH!

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Nice job. Now that just encourages me more as I am in California also. I need to leave the beaches alone for a while and start researching to find where the old parks and schools were. Maybe there are a few more old coins out here in California just waiting to be found. HH Ted

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet....could have been in a 49'ers pocket

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions