Lots and Lots of clad money found today in Ohio Lake

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just had to get into the water before it got to cold
here in Ohio. I had on my full wet suit today and was glad I had it on.

Found over 119 targets in the water today, not counting 7 beer bottle
caps and numerous bobby pins and hair brets and a small cross.

Found 21 quarters, 45 dimes, 20 pennies, 15 nickels, 3 cheap rings,
1 toe ring, a cheap necklace, and 4 sinkers. Lots of targets and no one
in the lake where I was hunting. Sorry no pictures, but with all that
money now I can buy some film. Ha!ha!

HH, Ringfinder

Upvote 0

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Where you at in Ohio ringfinder? I am near Millersport. I've met 2 other mmetal detectorists here in OH and seen only 1 other. Odd there isn't very many here.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin_Saver said:
Where you at in Ohio ringfinder? I am near Millersport. I've met 2 other mmetal detectorists here in OH and seen only 1 other. Odd there isn't very many here.

Not sure where that's at, but I live near Lima Ohio, that's in the NW Ohio area.
Have you posted your finds on here, love to see what you've found. Or you can just
send them to me e-mail. HH, ringfinder

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze Ring! That's a bunch a diggin!

Congrats on those finds!

:)

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you've got yourself a good spot there. WTG

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a final count of coins and junk and it comes
to over 170 targets at one watering hole. Not to bad for
one day of hunting in a lake.

It really was nice hunting, all the coins and junk were in
fine gravel stone. Only wish I could go deeper into the lake,
but I don't dive. I bet there are lots of goodies near the
swimming raft.

I used a Tesoro Tiger Shark With a large coil. And of cours a
long wooden handle scoop. Hope you enjoy the picture

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• brighter view2.jpg
    brighter view2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 526
  • clse up of coins.jpg
    clse up of coins.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 515
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabfinder said:
Film?? What's film?? Go digital man! BTW....nice haul!

Just kiddin on the film, I always use a digital camera, in fact these
pictures are from one. Had a lot of fun finding all those coins though!

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
ringfinder said:
Coin_Saver said:

Not sure where that's at, but I live near Lima Ohio, that's in the NW Ohio area.
Have you posted your finds on here, love to see what you've found. Or you can just

Yeah but that was awhile back, I stopped posting cause I ran out of places to look. Its true there were like no places that anyone would let us detect. I have basically stopped detecting for half a year after my MD'ing buddy died. :( But I am getting back into it and have been searching and searching for about 2 weeks, I have found some clad and thats about it. Alot of people just say no, to letting me detect on their abandon homes. BUT I should be finding some stuff soon and I will post it in Todays finds, I have a Minelab Explorer II, an XLT and a DFX. I use the Minelab because its the best I think but both of the others are amazing.
Good talking to you I have a feeling that I'll find something this weekend! Maybe silver? I hope!

M

mchamby

Nice bunch of finds for the day, I can only imagine how cold it would be to water detect, even with a wet suit on. BRRRRRRRRRR
HH
Mchamby

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin_Saver said:
ringfinder said:
Coin_Saver said:
Where you at in Ohio ringfinder? I am near Millersport. I've met 2 other metal detectorists here in OH and seen only 1 other. Odd there isn't very many here.

Yeah but that was awhile back, I stopped posting cause I ran out of places to look. Its true there were like no places that anyone would let us detect. I have basically stopped detecting for half a year after my MD'ing buddy died. :( But I am getting back into it and have been searching and searching for about 2 weeks, I have found some clad and thats about it. Alot of people just say no, to letting me detect on their abandon homes. BUT I should be finding some stuff soon and I will post it in Todays finds, I have a Minelab Explorer II, an XLT and a DFX. I use the Minelab because its the best I think but both of the others are amazing.
Good talking to you I have a feeling that I'll find something this weekend! Maybe silver? I hope!

My partner and I always have to laugh when someone says, that there is no
place to hunt anymore. Yeah Right!, I do a lot of research at local libraries in the winter
and am always looking at old maps from my county and surrounding counties. Looking
for old homesteads that are no longer on anymap, old school houses that have
been torn down long ago, maybe a old pump in a field, a hill side with flag
stone in it. I'm always looking, and I know you will find IH's soon, just look around
you, get out of town and look at the old farming area's. It's there you just have
to do a little leg work. Good Luck

HH, Ringfinder, P.S. I'm heading for a nearby lake Thursday, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'll bet the water will be cold. But have to get in the water at least one
more time. I have my long wet suit ready for tomorrow.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring, I would say you water guys have to work pretty hard for your recoveries. Nice going! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread