Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son stationed in Japan is home on leave . He is just starting to get the treasure bug :hello2: After spending some time with him answering questions about some of the coins and relic finds I have made he wanted to go for a hunt . Only our second hunt together . I decided to go back and have the two of us rescour the wooded park area where I had recently found the 19th century fire badge . This is also the area I found the monogramed silver cane topper. . I figured one of us would pop a keeper and though we worked for it the site produced a couple finds . We both found one wheat penny , We both found one droped .70 in. 28 .7gm and 28.9gm musket ball that look like they came from the same mold . We both pulled one silver . I pulled a 1914 Barber dime And the whole toy pistol . and my son scored the nice big ornate Sterling silver handled ice pick . My Son also found the pocket watch , and a 30s/40s trash pit and was tickled he found a few cool though not very old bottles . And a few other odds and ends . We had a blast together and I look forward to many more hunts with him . Thanks for looking . MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_2602.JPG
    IMG_2602.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 969
  • IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 977
  • IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_2610.JPG
    IMG_2610.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,037
  • IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,043
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,066
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
nice that you can enjoy the hobby with your son!! congrats on the barber

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
M R, How old is your boy? I tried to get my boy interested in MDin,hookah diving to,he did it for a bit but doesn't have the mindset I do.He's 20, I recall what 20 was,and it sure wasn't MDin.I glad for you and your boy and someday I'll feel that with Travis.Nice finds you got there,I really like the silver and that Harley,recon your boy did too!!!!!!!!! Another one ADDICTED. God Bless HH Chris

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good hunt, good finds, and good times with you son. What a great day. Remind your son that he had the opportunity to hunt with one of the best and most honorable hunters on Tnet too. HH, Quindy.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool hunting with your son ! 8) Awesome Sterling and Barber Dime... :headbang: Congratulations to you both !! :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
nice that you can enjoy the hobby with your son!! congrats on the barber
Thanks dancer ! I had a fun day :icon_sunny:
worldtalker said:
M R, How old is your boy? I tried to get my boy interested in MDin,hookah diving to,he did it for a bit but doesn't have the mindset I do.He's 20, I recall what 20 was,and it sure wasn't MDin.I glad for you and your boy and someday I'll feel that with Travis.Nice finds you got there,I really like the silver and that Harley,recon your boy did too!!!!!!!!! Another one ADDICTED. God Bless HH Chris
He is 27 now and special forces as well ! He can did like a badger ;D now that he has the bug ! M.R. P.S. He was not interested at 20 either girls and beer :laughing9: he will ask you to take him when he is ready . M.R.
VOL1266-X said:
Good hunt, good finds, and good times with you son. What a great day. Remind your son that he had the opportunity to hunt with one of the best and most honorable hunters on Tnet too. HH, Quindy.
Awwwwe Quindy , I do believe that is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on T-net :laughing7: ! I think he will be a quick study ! M.R.
leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose.....great family affair. Thinking youz that that spot worth another look see.!
[/quote Hey Leslie . It seems I always pull at least one interesting find from this area every hunt ! I hope the trend continues . M.R.
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Cool hunting with your son ! 8) Awesome Sterling and Barber Dime... :headbang: Congratulations to you both !! :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
Thanks swat ! I will remember the day more so than him I think ! He dosen;t understand how hard it is to find silver relics like an Ice Pick Yet ! Thanks for the reply ! M.R,

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like your sons a chip off the old ice block eh M.R.! :laughing9: Sorry I couldn't resist! :laughing7:
I really like the silver ice pic, the spoon and the bottles! :thumbsup:

Dave

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The finds are great but the real treasure is the time with your son. I hoped you warned about the addiction :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANTIQUARIAN said:
Sounds like your sons a chip off the old ice block eh M.R.! :laughing9: Sorry I couldn't resist! :laughing7:
I really like the silver ice pic, the spoon and the bottles! :thumbsup:

Dave
I love the pun Dave :laughing9: My son got a kick out of it to ! Thanks for the reply H. H. Dave M.R.
joeyfresh said:
The finds are great but the real treasure is the time with your son. I hoped you warned about the addiction :icon_thumright:
I Think my son is hooked now a common goal can build great relationships ! M.R.
jewelerguy said:
great finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Jewlery guy ! M.R.
GaRebel1861 said:
Yep great finds! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Rebel > M.R.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see Father and Son get out and yall had a good day to! :occasion14:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did really well like his Dad :headbang: Thanks for your service and Keep out of harms way . :thumbsup: MR , the blue race car , have the same one but can't remember where and when I found it . Great digs and glad all our guys and gals are coming home from middle East .... I am Proud of Them All , past and present :thumbsup:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hey bud! i like the motor cycle toy. i sure wish it was coplete for you. oh well! good times. :icon_sunny: willy

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Adventure and Finds!
The icepick is a first seen :o
I got a Knife handle of similar design (blade completely missing)
Just the handle weighed over an ounce..
You got some nice silver :wink:
Congrats!! :thumbsup:

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds..i found a whole one of those motorcyle and man toys once..he had goggles and a scarf on also..good stuff..your son's doing dang good to :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread