old field site 1883vnickle wheats old token

eboy1960

Mar 2, 2009
indianapolis indiana
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro/teknetics 6000
hello the fields site i hunt never lets me down always something to find i found this 1883 vnickle 1918 wheat 1946 wheat 1941 wheat a ring looks gold the halmark is there but hard to see i think the ring dates 1900s 1920s and found this old token kendallville indiana windmill,,the back of it im still cleaning,,not sure the date on the token yet,also found this insulator 1893 i found a big pile of them in the woods,,thanks for looking 000_1544.JPG 000_1547.JPG 000_1552.JPG 000_1553.JPG 000_1554.JPG 000_1557.JPG

Upvote 0

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
riverrunner814 said:
Great finds. The insulator is in great shape :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :headbang:
Agreed!!

I had a few of that style insulator that I took to a rock show. I sold two of them for $50 each.

It seems that there are collectors who look for ones that look like the color wasn't mixed well
and created green and/or yellow blotches. Also, large air bubbles. Probably anything else that
makes them unique.

I had another 2 that sold as a pair for $15. The rounded end was worn flat on both of them.
The guy explained; "The telegraphers would put the legs of their stools in the insulators so
that when they slid their stool back, they wouldn't catch on the floor boards and tip them over.
Consquently, from the sliding around, they had a flat area on them".

I was lucky there, as he said he already had 2, but needed 2 more to complete the set. :laughing9:

Great finds. Now, get back out there and find some more. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Eagle

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back and get all the insulators, then post some pics. Some of them can be worth big bucks. The insulator you found is most likely in the $5-10 range.

Just guessing by the one pic, it looks to be and CD160 H.G.Co [050] which lists aqua as only worth $1. Depending on the exact embossing it could be worth more. Depends on what someone wants to pay. Definately go get more of them if you found a large pile in the woods. Just one in the right color or embossing could mean big bucks!!

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Go get all of the insulators!! I've got one I'll have to take a picture of when I get back home but I got an offer of $200 for it, it's one of the bigger ones, like 2-3x the size of yours, I have several of the 1893 ones as well.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kleinerschmitter said:
Go get all of the insulators!! I've got one I'll have to take a picture of when I get back home but I got an offer of $200 for it, it's one of the bigger ones, like 2-3x the size of yours, I have several of the 1893 ones as well.

I'd like to see a pic of it!! It may be worth more than that if someone offered $200!

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eboy1960 said:
a ring looks gold the halmark is there but hard to see i think the ring dates 1900s 1920s

Fiddle with that ring. They had some masonic rings that revealed a mason symbol when you swung it around I believe. The obverse always had initials if I am not mistaken. I came across this once reading so dont hold me to it as I dont know all the charachteristics, but if it is thick in the center it might be. NICE finds!

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems like everyone has an 'old faithful' spot that seems to always give something up. I have a spot that still produces 30 years after first detecting it.

Nice assortment of finds, congrats !!!

Brian in MA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread