RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all I know I haven't posted in a while but I'm back! This was mostly cause I haven't been uot much lately :tongue3: Anyways Saturday was a road trip day, to Boston. We went for Castle Island and beach detecting. We didn't get to Castle Island because of the hordes of small children in costumes, must have been some kind of halloween thing. So we walked around the fort there a bit, then we got some food and headed for the beach.
On the beach it looked as if a building had exploded, brick pieces everywhere, epecially the 10-20 feet in front of the water which was all sorts of debris covered in barnacles. But good thing was this debris partially composed of broken (old) bottles and pottery/ceramics. I found several glass pieces, including a green marble, and my mom found even more stuff, including an intact mason jar. So Detecting was rather productive. Found a '37 buffalo (No D, all four legs :P ), 1946 and '48 dimes, thus bringing my dug silver total for 2011 to a whole three! (Pathetic, I know). I also found some authentic junk, and the world's saddest wheat cent. You can just make out the ON and part of the E in ONE. This one was actuallyon top of the sand, no detector needed.
Other things found included some slag (Silver? Maybe? Hopefully?) a battery, some iron, a couple whatzits, and a rivet.
After a long day, we get home and I check the phone. Turns out my usual hunting partner,y cousin Bob, called at 10 AM when we were halfway to Boston. He wanted to go detecting, which he did do, just alone. *sniffle* So I call him back around 7:30 and we talk for a bit and decide to go stealthing, cause night detecting is often times more exciting, cause it's hard to see sometimes what you have found, making it more of a surprise. So I arrive at his house around 8-8:15, but we had to wait for his wife to come home, cause she wanted to come, too. So we sit arond, clean up his more recent finds, have me and my young eyes ID a few things including a Connecticut copper which he thought was a KGII. (Last time I had to ID a copper it was a Vermont Copper [1786 Baby Head]). Norma gets home around 9, and we depart at about 9:20, after she decides that she isn't going to go at all :angry4: :'( :P So we go, and get there to find that the farmers had leveled off the fields! They must've known we were coming and said, "Hey, these guys are coming to detect, this hilly field will never do!" :P So we're excited about the conditions, and get to work. I end up finding a dandy button, and a whatzit. Earlier that day or the day prior, Bob had been in that field and found a smaller piece of what I found. But of course he had to get the find of the day :P, an 1858 Flying eagle cent in really good condition. He also found a button.

That's all, thanks for looking and happy hunting!

-Anthony

(The added pics are of the glass finds that my mom found. Any ID on the ________ & Cochrane bottle base would be very much appreciated!)

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 696
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 789
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 800
  • 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 824
  • 138.jpg
    138.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 844
  • 139.jpg
    139.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 937
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 968
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 129.jpg
    129.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 815
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 794
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0
OP
OP
RelicHunter97

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Beach and Fields 10-22-11 **PICS (finally) ADDED**

Yikes, that last one is rather large...
ANYWAYS will hopefully have the pics of the non-metallic items up tomorrow.
Thanks for looking!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking group of goodies! :thumbsup:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds.Those silvers will clean up with a bit of work. Salt water areas and silver don't get along.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions