5 Copper Day, Escutcheon Plate, Interesting Pewter Spoon etc

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with the Patriot and another local detectorist(I forget his TNET handle!) and tried a new spot close to home. While it rained, and I got muddier then I've ever been while detecting, it turned out to be a pretty decent day!
5 Coppers: 1781 Hibernia, 1800 US Large Cent, 1837 Province du Bas Canada Token, and two other tokens.
035.JPG
038.JPG
039.JPG
036.JPG
Patriot and I both found an example of this interesting pewter spoon design, although mine is pretty unreadable. Has a ray pattern with a circle with letters/roman numerals inside.
040.JPG
Also found this escutcheon plate, musket parts are always a cool find for me. Just wish it was marked! :D
042.JPG
Other finds, buttons etc. Also found a large copper plate and a few ox shoes.
041.JPG
043.JPG

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats............Hogge :headbang: :headbang:

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen that site from across the river for several years and thought enough is enough, time to detect it..glad we did and sure there are many other little goodies just waiting to be found, hopefully some early silver and maybe a marked button or 2... I'd say you made out the best today! Love that Escutcheon Plate and early coppers... :icon_thumright:

PS it was Hans R Dirty

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found ya one like it.............................

A rare British Military 1st Model Brown Bess Musket, dated "1742". 40.75", .75-77 cal. round steel barrel w/(2) early Tower proofs, an unidentified barrel makers mark; "I ?" and (2) inspector marks on the tang then re-proofed w/(2) Birmingham proofs, c. 1813. Lock is engraved; "TOWER", "1742" a "CROWN" over "GR" (King George II). Brass regulation furniture (trigger guard has a period repair). Stock has a circular bone inlay marked; "M A", "104" (MccLESFIELD ARSENAL #104) and is burn marked on the right comb w/(2) stores keeper marks, a small "CROWN" at the muzzel, and solid w/minor scratches and dings from very little service. Ram rod is Regimentally marked; "J 51" and stamped w/ a "CROWN". 56.25" overall length. In good working order.

Attachments

• MVC-007F[2].jpg
    MVC-007F[2].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 939

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have the 1800/79 Draped Bust! Awesome!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller said:
Found ya one like it.............................

A rare British Military 1st Model Brown Bess Musket, dated "1742". 40.75", .75-77 cal. round steel barrel w/(2) early Tower proofs, an unidentified barrel makers mark; "I ?" and (2) inspector marks on the tang then re-proofed w/(2) Birmingham proofs, c. 1813. Lock is engraved; "TOWER", "1742" a "CROWN" over "GR" (King George II). Brass regulation furniture (trigger guard has a period repair). Stock has a circular bone inlay marked; "M A", "104" (MccLESFIELD ARSENAL #104) and is burn marked on the right comb w/(2) stores keeper marks, a small "CROWN" at the muzzel, and solid w/minor scratches and dings from very little service. Ram rod is Regimentally marked; "J 51" and stamped w/ a "CROWN". 56.25" overall length. In good working order.

Sweet, thanks! I like seeing dates like that ;D I've always appreciated firearms so finding bits of them is always welcome.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffy said:
Looks like you have the 1800/79 Draped Bust! Awesome!
Double sweet! ;D I thought the first 0 looked funny, but running on 2 hours sleep and being out in the rain makes a fellow tired :wink:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
I've seen that site from across the river for several years and thought enough is enough, time to detect it..glad we did and sure there are many other little goodies just waiting to be found, hopefully some early silver and maybe a marked button or 2... I'd say you made out the best today! Love that Escutcheon Plate and early coppers... :icon_thumright:
Definitely enough goodies to make a return trip, was a pretty good day, even with the rain! ;D

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt.

It sure has rained a lot this fall, lot of mud, probably freeze before it dries out. Oh well.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alot of Copper's being pulled lately,Congrat's on some nice one's :thumbsup: I think Pete nailed that thumb plate.Spoon is a pretty awseome piece too,great save's !!!!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunthicks said:
The Patriot said:
Definitely enough goodies to make a return trip, was a pretty good day, even with the rain! ;D

just wish I had a camera to take a picture of you..don't think I've seen someone get that dirty tectin before, from head to toe...priceless :laughing9:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Hunt and Finds!! Sweet Concordia Token & Errored Bust :o
love the old pewter! Seems the 1730 & 1742 Bes models shared the same piece.,
"The 1730 and 1742 Long Lands" (No. 2 in photo)
http://www.11thpa.org/Bess.html
Hope you get some more goodies here :wink:

Attachments

• besthumb.jpg
    besthumb.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 836

Hans R Dirty

Nov 25, 2009
Was great to get out with you guys. It was a dirty one at that but the finds were surfacing. You must of had a great laugh when something got stuck in my sock and I had to take my boot and sock off and sit down on a muddy manure infested wet field. ::)

Some interesting finds were made and only 15 minutes from my house. With the size of that property there could be another site or two. Next time out we'll have to look for his chain.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf said:
Great finds! was Patriot's spoon legible?

I was legible but isn't was meant to be a Reg't spoon..just a design...as you thought it was first hunthicks

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look like it turned out to be a heck of a day!! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Hunthicks said:
The Patriot said:

just wish I had a camera to take a picture of you..don't think I've seen someone get that dirty tectin before, from head to toe...priceless :laughing9:
I've gotten that dirty hunting and fishing before, but not detecting. I think digging up that huge rock to get to the piece of iron underneath contributed a lot. I didn't even notice there was mud on my face and hair till I got home. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread