First run with new ATPro at a nearby park

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from the park 2 blocks away, very very trashy. I worked around the trees and along the grass slopes where people sit, picnic and chat. I came away with this for 2hrs on 1st run. Just working shallow targets atm.

008A.jpg

1 dime, 2 nickles, 14 pennies and 1 of them was American. Strange thing is, this park was built in 2009. Yet the oldest coins I found was a 1974 penny and a 1979 nickle. HAD to be from the house lots that used to be here from before the park was built. I got a few signals in the 90+ range, but they were down about 8"+ on the pinpointer scale. I remember their location and when I get a PROPER tool for digging good plugs I'm gonna see what they are. I hope its silver coins, cause the oldest house around this area was over 80 years old.

Upvote 0

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a bad trip at all! People never know what type of change they have in their pockets. There is a ton of silver still in circulation and you never know where it will fall out of someones pocket.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh yeah,man.

Hit that again... the AT will get a little varied with the VDI's at greater depth. Dig all those. I have gotten deep silver by doing this with the AT.

Good scores!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to find pennies in your pocket much older than the current year.

Anyway that being said, many people like their like their AT Pro's they do find the deep stuff, and have lots of advantages. Good luck out there.

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're gonna love that machine. It's a freakin coin/silver hound. You'll also get higher VDI's if you have more than 1 coin in the hole. I just found 2 quarters that rang up in the 90s - in the same hole. I found a spill of about $3 in quarters the other day that rang up in high 90s. the tip about bouncy VDIs on deep targets is also a good one.

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
also some silver dimes come up in the high 70s occasionally. Just how it is sometimes. Are you using the pro audio or the standard? The pro audio is the best thing about the AT pro in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread