Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a chance to get out and hunt but the only problem was it was raining (11/3/11) but the treasure hunting bug bit so out the door I went. I have been wanting to knock the dust off of my Ace 250 for sometime now since its been a few years since its seen any woods action and 20min into the hunt I found a merc. Was fun but man I forgot why I upgraded to a Minelab - the false targets were everywhere. LOL :tongue3: Wandering thru the woods I also found a huge concrete foundation, have to go back and do a serious hunt to see what goodies its hiding!!! :icon_pirat:

Anybody have any idea what the FPD tag is from, I think maybe its an old tree tag but don't know how it would attach to the tree unless it had a strap or something but then the tag would sit sideways.

I also came across a geo-cache hidden in an old tree trunk so I signed it "found this while metal detecting"

Attachments

• 11-3-11.jpg
    11-3-11.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • 11-3-11.jpg
    11-3-11.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,038
Upvote 0

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Congrats on the merc TF. I have the bug bad and am gonna hit a spot tomorrow. I drove by a school (1890s) that is still in operation and they have torn the dirt up to build a building. I cant wait to get over there in the AM. TMAN...

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bud, good luck on the hunt, hope its loaded with oldies!!! :icon_pirat:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you might have found an old lumber mill.
Nice finds by the way.
ZDD

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really cool finds, and a great video to boot!! Hey, real quick: What tips can you offer to someone that has NEVER hunted the woods before? It looks fun, but I wouldn't even know where to look. :dontknow: I know of an area that's relatively close to home...8 miles or so....but the problem I have is that the area is not nearly as old as yours.....well, I guess I can't say that. I live on the old Oregon Trail, so there IS history here, just not as old as the "back east" stuff. But I really want to explore the woods around here and see what I can find. Just looking for some tips on where to go, and what to keep an eye out for.

DeJa

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I break out the Ace 250 still frequently. I love my Excalibur, but the Ace is just hard to replace!

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice Finds! Not sure what the Tag is but I like it, :icon_thumright: !

TommNJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread