my first valuable find!!

ggmaui

Aug 27, 2006
maui
I went to the beach yester day with my dad after, something we do day usually just take a dip and come home. He says should we take our metal detectors we have time before it gets dark, I said sure. We get there and he goes right and I go left, I was getting a little discourage as I was using my brothers detectors a cheap bounty hunter and i am not to familiar with it. Finally found a penny. Continued on and went between two couples watching the sunset and jackpot. A rolex, looks real has all the markings. Was so nervous, felt like everyone was watching me. Stuck it in my pocket and just about ran to my dad. Yeah! Pictures arent to great sorry I tried several of them.

Attachments

• jamie\'s pics 018.jpg
    jamie\'s pics 018.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 640
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well now, that's a great find!

Nobody in my area is rich enough to buy a Rolex. Up here the richest folks wear Timex.

Congrats

Badger

R

rvbvetter

Excellent find!!! I once dug a roledex watch at the beach. But the cards were all wet. Congrats!!! HH

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an online site that can help you check if it is real, if it passes all tests then take it to a jewelry store to check. There are a lot of fakes, some valuable, but not as valuable as a true rolex. Hope it's real for you, but don't get your hopes up too high yet.....Even if its not, it is still a great find, I would be happy with it, even if fake.

I have one labeled rolex submariner, it has all the signs of being real,it's heavy, all the labels, watch band, codes, but three things says it's not. There is no rubber ring around the stem, maginifer for date, and I paid $5 at a garage sale. ;D It keeps good time, looks real nice, but, :'( its a fake.

http://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/rolex_or_replica.html

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
WOW!!! I have always wanted to buy one of those.. and you ended up finding on! I hope it is real too. I have a fake one, and you will know it is fake if it ever gets wet... it rusts all over the place lol. If you ever find another one send it my way :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, GG! Congrats on your find!!!

Nan :)

B

BIG61AL

There are alot of fake rolex's. Does the second hand sweep in one motion around the dial or does it tick at each second? if it ticks it may be a fake. look at the band - are the edges nice and even or rough. are there gaps in the links where the curves are? A bad band may indicate a fake. Take it to a jeweler - they can tell in seconds if it's real or fake. I know cause I got a fake one as a gag gift.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread