NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a GREAT day! I met up with my buddy in Indiana
(Joel Shappell)
and we first went to a bean field where a house once stood. There I got a merc, 2 wheaties, and the tax token. We decided to go into town and knock doors. First house I got the barber dime and nothing else but a lil clad.

On to house #2 the owner said it was built in 1936, perfect....old enough for me! It had a HUGE side yard and it was a corner lot. My first thought was all the neighbor kids probably played ball here thru the years. It was big enough for a baseball or football game.

First good signal was a screaming 12-47 and at 5" I got the 1928 SLQ and a wheat. Then a couple minutes later snagged a merc and wheat beside each other. Got a 1943 washington, 2 more wheats and a war nickel.

What a super ratio.....6 wheats and 6 silver! Thing that stinks is, Joel had to get home and we only had covered about half of the side yard. I am sure there is more silver there for a return trip!

Couldn't ask for a better November day, sunshine, spending time detecting with friends, and digging lots of silver!

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
WOW! That's an awesome day. Congrats on all the silver and I believe I would have let Joel walk home.LOL The SLQ look to be in great shape. I got out on my back deck for a few minutes today. I am still nursing a broken leg and can't get out to hunt. Really enjoy seeing your posts.
Dman

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good digs there, Goes.
Joel's a good guy. We've done some digging together.
Go get the other half of that yard!

~Indiana Digger~

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indiana Digger said:
Some good digs there, Goes.
Joel's a good guy. We've done some digging together.
Go get the other half of that yard!

~Indiana Digger~
yes he is, before we left he asked the owner if a return trip was possible and the owner said no problem, I am sure Joel will get back there, doubt if we will be able to get together again before winter

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! That would be a dream hunt for me for sure !!! Argentium . ( ps . was the owner ,
interested in seeing the finds, or any sort of split ? )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread